vm isolator

baz12

when vm installed just broadband router under stairs in house they didn't bother with any white isolator boxes on wall inside just cable straight from outside to router with a in-line galvanic isolator connected to router cable. I have now added a Technetix splitter (sourced from VM) on cable to supply router and boxes etc. Do I need galvanic isolator connected anymore?? As don't the Technetix splitters have isolator built in??

yeah its a good point, I noticed this on a fairly recent install by vm when my man cave room seem to have a direct connection. I don't know if all splitters protect like that but the new technetic ones do have the isolator built in. I tested with the galvanised in place and without. it made no difference to picture or strength on signal. I've personally left the galvanised in place now as its peace of mind. vm cover warranty anyway, but your own box not worth the risk !!

yeah its a good point, I noticed this on a fairly recent install by vm when my man cave room seem to have a direct connection. I don't know if all splitters protect like that but the new technetic ones do have the isolator built in. I tested with the galvanised in place and without. it made no difference to picture or strength on signal. I've personally left the galvanised in place now as its peace of mind. vm cover warranty anyway, but your own box not worth the risk !!

was yours the white plastic casing one about 70mm long just connected to router?
have you left in place just on router connection or connected to inlet on splitter?
also do u have any isolator in box outside I don't just f-connection

the way mine is setup, feed splits outside brown box. 1 feed to main room white box with isolator then to another splitter for router and box. 1 feed to man cave white box with isolator and box only. even if the splitter vm installed outside is not protected which it probably is, im covered anyway with the isolators.

Back