vm not working

delboy100

hi everyone i am a bit confused as i have been doing boxes for a while now but i put a line on for a friend was all working in my house took it to his same net id and it doesn't work ( only the free channels )at his the only difference i can see from mine to his is his VM installation is new and he has a v6 box and new black router could the router be blocking the zgemma line i have tried restarting cam also to no avail its completely baffled me lol thanks for anybody's help

no the router isn't blocking the ZG, well not in the way you are imagining.
When you take it back, unplug his router, leave it powered off for a few minutes at least, set the ZG up and connect it to the router with LAN cable, then power on the ZG, then power on the router and check that it's connected:
menu>setup>system>network>device setup>network test
it should be all green ticks, then restart the softcam in softcam panel

snap .ive just set up for a pal.hes just had vm installed set up his ZG at mine with no probs,take it to his and nothing,fortunately hes still got his old sky router active for a couple of weeks and hey presto cleared channels straight away.i'll try powering down vm router as mentioned and see how I get on ..!!

snap .ive just set up for a pal.hes just had vm installed set up his ZG at mine with no probs,take it to his and nothing,fortunately hes still got his old sky router active for a couple of weeks and hey presto cleared channels straight away.i'll try powering down vm router as mentioned and see how I get on ..!!

maybe smart safe settings on vm router blocking ip of your provider have you tried with settings off

Thanks peeps for all replies I'll be going back to my friends tomorrow and will try everything what yous have said I will let u know if any joy or not as it's baffled me coz I also tried it in a neighbour friend's house and it was perfectly OK there

if he lives in a different area you'll need to change the netid and scan for channels in ABM
nope he lives in the same net id as me, just a bit further up the road .i did a manual abm scan trying to get around what the problem was thinking it may of been an issue.defo a internet thing ..!! as line clears on his sky router

still cant get the ZG to clear channels on verminmedia hub 3.0 router.had all the websafe/childsafe filters turned off .rebooted , restarted etc etc it wont have it at all. brought it back to mine and bosh cleared straight away . completely at a loss now ..!!

just out of interest, what area is this in?
i'm trying to see if there's any correlation with these, @gtrdave is having the same problem in a different thread and also someone else who I know

A simple test to see if your VM router is blocking traffic, from a PC on your network, trying telnetting to the host and port number defined within your line. If you can establish a connection then the VM router isn't blocking the connection.

So for example, within my newcamd.list line I would read something like:-

CWS = myline.com 26501 7HJHJAS ASWEEW 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Where "myline.com" is the host/server and 26501 is the port number. Your details will be different.

So from a windows PC, assuming you have the Telnet client installed (if not, install it see https://www.technipages.com/windows-10-enable-telnet). Open a command/dos window and enter:-

Telnet myline.com 26501 and press return (obvs replacing myline.com 26501 with your details)

If it connects, the screen should refresh with strange characters appearing. If it doesn't connect it will just sit there twiddling its thumbs until it times out.

Back