VM Superhub + Dynamode BR 6004 WG-1 Wireless Bridge

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Main Router + Dynamode BR 6004 WG-1 Wireless Router Bridge

Hey folks, it is 3:15 a.m. I had promised myself I would go to sleep at 11 PM but as usual I end up ignoring what I say to myself somtimes. I've been at this for quite a while and thought i'd post my story on TK and check back for some feedback.

Basically I have a DreamBox that i'm trying to connect to the net. The dreambox is downstairs and my main router is in the attic, its going to be a pain in the rear end trying to get an ethernet cable runinng from point A to point B. So I thought since I have my own wireless router then why not try and set it up as a wireless bridge? Since the DreamBox does not have a wireless card built in I thought i'd end up using a bridge? Wait, I've just said that haven't I? Pardon my but i'm typing this with almost one eye now.

I've checked the routers settings over the past hour and there is a WDS option available where it asks for the wireless bridges MAC address so i'm guessing it may be possible but I just dont know how?

I've also come across some customised firmware named DD-WRT but it doesn't seem to be compatible with my router model so that options out the window.

Basically what I want is, to connect my old router downstairs to my DreamBox and use it as an acces point, whereby it connects to my main router upstairs i.e. the traffic is coming from the main router but is being sent over to the Dynamode BR6004-WG1 router so I can technically have a wired connection without all the hassle of fiddling with a good 20metre cable.

Time i get some sleep now, night folks, if anyone is awake. lol

Last edited:
Thought i'll give this a new message to keep you guys updated. :)

Turned out my idea was not exactly possible with my router. So i went for a VONET WiFi Bridge:

912.jpg

First i'll have to program it to connect to my home WiFi connection via the CD provided and then i'm good to go.

Will have to connect the Dreambox's DC adapter to the Open Media WiFi Bridge, then the OM's DC output wire will go into the Dreambox. This way, the WiFi Bridge and the Dreambox will both get power by just using one plug. Then ofcourse will have to connect the ethernet cable into the DreamBox. My PS3 is just underneath the Dreambox, and doesn't give me any major issues when downloading and uploading files via the PS3. So communicating with a server to get a couple of codes should be no biggie, i hope that is the case anyway. :)

Update:

Everything went according to plan! I was being impatient yesterday afternoon and tried to connect to my router via connecting my netbook to my dreambox, thank god I stopped messing with that after a while :) (2 hours.. lol)

This little device did the trick and does what it says on the box. Connected to my router no problems, and there is no lag, going to download a couple of stuff later whilst its on to see if there are any lags. :)

Last edited:
Back