VODAFONE HELP

userlee5267

TK Veteran
hello

i have bought a tp-link archer d2 AC750, I have the supplied username and password from vodafone. but it wont connect at all, struggling to get adsl connection.

i keep seeing things to change vlan tag but there is no option on my router.

i want to use it on its own as a router to replace the vodafone shite. am i right that this router wont work with fibre?

i aint got fttc i got cabinet to exchange. 80mb up and 20mb down.

i have tried updtating the router but it wont except the firmware files

£100 quid down the drain here

what do i need to set it up as aswell wireless option or router option it ask's this as i turn it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes read that. its the vlan option i aint got that to change. i am thinking its a adsl2 router and i think vodafone runs on vdsl?

Well that went tits up for me three routers later and I’m set up. Bought the tp link archer 2 and it wasn’t for fibre. Bought a nighthawk router but wanted a modem and router so swapped the nighthawk for a tp link vr900. Now I’m not getting any fcc errors so this shows it was the crappy Vodafone router. My iptv is running the best I’ve ever had it now .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that went tits up for me three routers later and I’m set up. Bought the tp link archer 2 and it wasn’t for fibre. Bought a nighthawk router but wanted a modem and router so swapped the nighthawk for a tp link vr900. Now I’m not getting any fcc errors so this shows it was the crappy Vodafone router. My iptv is running the best I’ve ever had it now .
Hi, how is your new router still going ?? Voda are throttling iptv and wondering if they have “got” to your new router yet ps how much your new router ??

Crap mate router went well for about two three weeks then Xmas eve it went off for about 4 hours come back on and it was about as bad as the voda router.

I was with vodafone bb, almost 2 years ago..great for 3 months, then an outage . speeds dropped to 2mb. Yet uploads of 18mb.
I pereseverd for another month ..
There was work going on. So I caught up with openreach . Who said it was an exchange issue armed with this information I called.. Vodafone I got out of my contract..as they couldn't provide a service. I think I started a thread about this issue.

Back