VW Golf Oil Light

conor6

Hey can anyone let me know, i have a VW GOLF 04 plate and my oil light has come on today. I had it serviced in September last year and since then i have done about 8000 miles. Is it normal for the light to come on so soon after a service. I am presuming that the oil was changed then??

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
(y)

hi mate the oil light coming on means it needs toping up if its yellow and if its red youve got no oil presure it will say service in your clocks when it needs one i hope this helps

conor6 I'd get the oil changed more often than every 8K miles. ;) Even in a diesel I like to change the oil more often... it's cheap insurance really. ;) Have you checked the oil to see if it's at the proper level? Simple stuff first.... good luck... :)

yeah i dont usually drive it as much as i have been doing but i didnt realise that it would eat the oil as much as it does. I know the light has come on because oil levels are low but i was just checking it wasnt abnormal, i.e an engine problem or something.

Thanks for your help!

as if everything was as reliable as a golf :happy:thats me rubbing my hands together,money money money hope you have plenty,vws do burn oil and regular checks are needed,some models have a sump sensor telling you it needs a top up,check on level ground with dipstick and use correct grade of oil for your vehicle,if level is ok and light comes on check oil light switch to the right of exhaust manifold bluey/green in colour on a 1-4 model any sign of oil leakage?.running a car very low on oil can damage engine and will drink more oil in return.problems with valve guides and valves with low mileage 30,000 miles:faint:and timing belts every 4 years if you have a 1-4 model(y)

Back