VW Polo loss of power. Please help

Adm182

Hello I wonder if anyone on this forum could help me? Last week my wife's 2002 1.2 VW Polo started loosing power, then an yellow engine warning light appeared. We stopped using the car and took it too a local garage. After a diagnostic check was carried out a fault was located with the EGR valve, this was replaced and the car was still down on power. A map sensor was replaced and no fault codes were displaying. I have picked up the car this morning and it's still way down on power, and after a short drive the engine was very warm, although the temp gauge was not showing this. Would anyone be able to shed some light on what they think is the matter? I would really appreciate this. Thanks :-)

no believe it or not we do other things other than skybox problems and we do have a motoring forum that gets used the odd times lol.i think your engine is the crappy 3 cylinder one with dodgy timing chain [ hops at low mileage ] and on tick over valve guides wear giving you a rocky engine ,expensive repair with timing chain.had a golf in 2 weeks ago with stutter in acceleration and no faults found,4 days later coil failed as car ran on 3 cylinders,have you had car serviced plugs checked? air filter checked,sometimes running diagnostics pick up nothing and old skool checking needed.

Back