Wes backs Jose for United post

joekingman

VIP Member
TK Supporter
mourcrop_2459830.jpg

Mourinho: Will United be next?

29th August 2010

Wesley Sneijder has hinted that Jose Mourinho will one day replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

The Inter Milan playmaker believes that his former head coach at the San Siro will eventually replace the Scot when he steps down.

Ferguson has been in charge for almost 24 years at Old Trafford, winning an unprecedented 35 trophies during his spell, but while he continues to win silverware, he has yet to make a decision on his own future.

And Sneijder - who won last season's Champions League under Mourinho at Inter Milan - says the 'Special One' wants the Old Trafford job when he completes his four-year contract with Real Madrid.

"I have had many deep and long conversations with Jose and I would put money on him taking over from Ferguson. I know the job he would want is to be Manchester Unitedmanager.

"To be honest, he is probably the only coach in the world who is capable of taking over from Alex Ferguson.

"When Ferguson retires, in my mind, it's a deal already done in people's heads. One world-class manager leaves and another one takes over.

"I know Alex Ferguson will have a big say in who takes over from him - and, even though they have their differences, there is a big mutual respect."

Mourinho has made little secret of his desire to return to the Premier League following his successful spell in West London at Chelsea.

And Sneijder added: "I know how excited he is to get back to the Premier League. When he talked about it, he was like a little kid. He was so excited. It really turns him on."

Back