West Ham sign Senegal striker Demba Ba

noelyf

VIP Member
217.jpg
Ba has scored six goals in the Bundesliga this season

West Ham have signed Senegal international striker Demba Ba for an undisclosed fee until June 2014.

The 25-year-old joins the Hammers from Hoffenheim after he announced on his website earlier this week that he would be joining on a six-month loan.

Ba has scored six times for the Bundesliga club this season and has 40 goals in 103 appearances overall.

"It was a long story but now I'm happy because it had a really good end and I am glad to be here," he said.
"I am going to give everything to West Ham United."

Ba, who joined in at West Ham's training session on Friday morning, was set to move to Stoke but the deal fell through when he failed a medical after agreeing personal terms.

He becomes West Ham's third signing in the January transfer window after Wayne Bridge and Gary O'Neil teamed up with Avram Grant's side, who are bottom of the Premier League table.

549.jpg

The Paris-born striker, who has eight caps for his country, spent three seasons at Hoffenheim and his switch follows Ryan Babel's move to the German side from Liverpool.

"It's a bit difficult to describe myself, but when I'm on the pitch I just give everything for the team I am playing for and the fans who support me," Ba told the West Ham website.
"I like playing football, I like to be on the pitch playing good passes with the other guys and running with the ball, rather than playing in a direct style, so I should be able to fit in well at West Ham.

"I'm really happy that the clubs have reached an agreement. I was eager to join the club and meet my new team-mates. I'd like to thank Hoffenheim for allowing me to join this team."

West Ham face Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup fourth round this Sunday and then face crucial games against Blackpool, Birmingham and West Brom in their next three Premier League fixtures.

Back