Cable What hard drive?

technom8t

Just ordered h7c should be here in next couple of days. I understand it can take an internal hard drive..can anyone recommend one that would be suitable and obviously fit...cheers

Ok dont know what most of this means but heres the one i got

Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive (7 mm Form Factor, 128 MB Cache SATA 6 GB/s Up to 140 MB/s) is this any good snd also another stupid question..how do you guys format these in prep for install to zgemma

I’m looking at buying a new Zgemma now too , I have currently the h2h but looking to upgrade . I run cable so which of the 2 is the best the 7 or the new 8 series for cable . Also I ideally would like to fit a hard drive . So I can record and pause tv etc if that’s possible. Any suggestions guys which is the better of the 2 , cheers

Last edited:
Ive never heard of the 8 series but that may just be me...if your meaning the 9 series i beleive the 7 wins hands down and you can fit internal hdd for recording etc

Ive never heard of the 8 series but that may just be me...if your meaning the 9 series i beleive the 7 wins hands down and you can fit internal hdd for recording etc
Oops meant 7 sorry :-/ is it easy enough to fit the hdd, I just ordered the h7c and would like to put a hdd in, any tips appreciated

Great video thanks..i don't understand why he didnt spin the HDD so the connection were facing the back of the box and saving the cables stretching(shorter distance to travel)..my box arrives tomorrow so will find out if possible or not LOL

Great video thanks..i don't understand why he didnt spin the HDD so the connection were facing the back of the box and saving the cables stretching(shorter distance to travel)..my box arrives tomorrow so will find out if possible or not LOL
Mine arrives tomorrow too , let us know how you get on fixing the HDD in please mate

Ok H7C arrived - installed HDD ( you can spin it so the wires aren't stretched ) updated to openatv 6.2, set tuners correctly whilst in open atv, ran infinity through terminal and installed perfect all done in literally 5 mins. I did get one issue where the sound was jumpy put picture was fine apart form a slight look of SD on HD channels after some messing about i reset my video settings form 1080i to 720 p and picture is excellent and sound issues have fixed...not sure why this was potentially something to do with my TV??

converted my nline to suit oscam and im up and running - box itself boots extremely fast and the zap between channels seems to be much better, best bit is built in HDD

now to see if wireless will work.

couple a questions though as I am not clued up on how the tuners work on these boxes, I have tuner A/B disabled and cable feed going into tuner c, is there any bennifit of running a second cable feed into tuner A/B and enabling it?

Yes there are benefits
You will be able to watch one channel and record a different one

Back