Which Box For Reliable Fit & Forget VM Box

guys,
Need some advice here, i am looking for a box as above that my brother can use. He is utterly crap with all things electronic so cant be something he has to fiddle with all the time to keep running. I use a KV 850HD box for moment and while its a little hit and miss sometimes 95% of the time all the channels work. I need something like this for him so he can watch GOThrones of sky1 :-). I have read thru various guides and how to's and it just gets more confusing on which one is going to be best for him, i dont want to be on phone every other night!

SO help pls on which would be the box you would think best suits this situation?

i was swaying towards the miracle mini but not 100%

i suppose there is also a point i will need to replace my 850HD once servers go online so be good to get head round current boxes / setups.

cheers

Paul

If he has only cable as your post suggests, the the Edison OS Mini at around £80 would be suitable
However, there would certainly come a time when, as channels move, software would need to be updated.

Kieron

Last edited:
As above or the miraclebox is an extra tenner and faster.

So no lag using the program guide and changing channels.

Personally I would pay the extra tenner but depends on your budget.

Buy it flashed with Openvix, once it's set up they just work, no messing about with them.

Also work on a ball park figure of £80 per year for subs, the service will be much more stable than KV

As above or the miraclebox is an extra tenner and faster.

So no lag using the program guide and changing channels.

Personally I would pay the extra tenner but depends on your budget.

Buy it flashed with Openvix, once it's set up they just work, no messing about with them.

Also work on a ball park figure of £80 per year for subs, the service will be much more stable than KV

Ok thx everyone for your input.

would this be the puppy?

Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

with addtion of wifi if its not near a router for a hard wired connection. Would it be best to use it with usb storage?

Is this the guide to follow?
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

big thx :-)

Paul

No Sky Atlantic on VM unfortunately. Go for an Openbox for value for money. Contact The Reaper on here as he supplies them.
Kieron

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back