Which one?

Received the openbox V8S, a mate is picking it up to set it all up for me, can i get a splitter of somekind where as i can switch between sky & openbox?

No, you can't split the sat coax.

You would need to run a cable from the LNB on your dish to each box.

So far i have sky multi room each with a sky box, the LNB has 4 wires coming from it 2 for each box i think. Do i need to upgrade the LNB to fit the extra wire to the openbox?

Thanks

Most people buy Openboxes to replace Sky Digiboxes. If you're intending to keep your Sky and Multi-room subscriptions AND add an Openbox then you'll need to upgrade your LNB to an octo!

Otherwise remove a Digibox and replace with an Openbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be better in the long run going for a twin tuner such as the Edision OS £99 from WOS

That way the menus have the sky look and feel and you could add a hdd then you will have good recording facilities.

Then just bin sky altogether.

Can't tell if it's the single tuner or twin you can buy them with different tuners, looking at the price I would
guess it's a single tuner.

You would want a box that says it has 2 x DVB - S/S2 (twin sat)

HTML:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision/Edision-os-mini-2x-dvb-s-s2]Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Back