Which Smart TVs have IPTV apps

SteveJol

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on TV brands to purchase, with IPTV in mind! .

Obvs an Android TV would be a good shout. But do the other brands have IPTV apps that can be added?

I understand LG and Samsung have IPTV apps? What about Panasonic?

Seeing as I'm buying new I'd prefer to have it all built in rather than adding a firestick / mag box or the like.

Cheers!

A lot of tv manufacturers are being put under pressure to remove apps and access to iptv features at the min that why most people go for a mag box or firestick or e2 boxes etc

A lot of tv manufacturers are being put under pressure to remove apps and access to iptv features at the min that why most people go for a mag box or firestick or e2 boxes etc
But if someone is making the app, like the folks at siptv, surely you can just side load? Or doesn't the LG and Samsung os work like that?

Android tv all the way. I ditched my smart tv as it was too manufacturer biased with tge apps. Android doesn't have that problem for me. Kodi, iptv apps run flawlessly. Philips tv btw

Stay away from LG lots of bad reviews, dad in laws has just gone tits up just before Xmas only 18 months old and been told it's cheaper to get a new TV than fix it

Yep as gilvey says andriod tvs all the way . Have a sony andriod tv and its a great buy ,youre not restricted to tv preinstalled apps , i have kodi and a few apks running and works a dream kodi runs on the tv as good as any andriod box i have .......

Stay away from LG lots of bad reviews, dad in laws has just gone tits up just before Xmas only 18 months old and been told it's cheaper to get a new TV than fix it
yep, totally agree
had an LG, gave me nothing but grief from day one, 4 [or 5] warranty repairs in the first 18 months
when it went again I just ditched it, too much hassle

apparently the LG TV's have crap ram,so it causes smart app to crash and freeze pic

As the owner of 3 smart tv's (2 Samsungs and a Hitatchi) I have had the Siptv app and find it too basic and unreliable. No experience with android tv but doesnt it limit you to having to have the vpn installed on the router. I personally like the flexibility of android boxes as its so easy to install the vpn on each individual box. As for performance I have a mag 256 and its no better than the android boxes with stbemu + perfect player as an option + kodi. I just use the mag with a sub not requiring a vpn but if I were buying again it would be another android box. Bottom line its a lot cheaper for same result.

Both LG and Samsung defo have the Smart IPTV app which is the best to use. It has a 7 day free trial and then its 4 euro to activate and you can upload m3u files from your provider via a website to the Smart IPTV app.
Works Well. :(y):

Both LG and Samsung defo have the Smart IPTV app which is the best to use. It has a 7 day free trial and then its 4 euro to activate and you can upload m3u files from your provider via a website to the Smart IPTV app.
Works Well. :(y):
If the app works well on your tv great but have you noticed the blurring of the ball in flight on live sporting events particularly football, tennis and cricket? I had it on both my Samsung smart tv's. Whereas with a fast android box or mag256 its crystal clear. That is my experience for what it is worth. BTW its not the siptv app that is causing the blurring (basic as it is) its the crap processors in smart tv's they just cannot cope. I would imagine the android tv's are a big improvement but in my view smart tv's are yesterdays technology in their present format and spec.

Just get a Standard HD 4k TV and get a 4k android box off eBay with STBEMU on it

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Back