Which V8S deal should i choose?

Kevo2k7

Hi, Here is my Scenario:

There is a local guy in my area selling V8S boxes with 12 month gifts for £90 and then £40 each year afterwards.

Or ive found V8S boxes online (Ebay) with 36 month gifts for £110.

Is it possible to have 36 month subscriptions on these boxes without any hassle?

What are the pro's/Cons please and what option would you choose?

Im a total newbie to all of this.

Cheers

Kev

Stick with your local guy.Read some of the posts.A lot of people have bought from Ebay only to find the servers off in a few months.

Give them both a miss get your box yourself the get your line off here of people who have trusted servers Avoid 3 year gifts and gifts of ebay

Local guy, particularly if you know him in any way - it'll be plug and play that way and probably a decent line. He's unlikely to stitch you up if he knows you. Stay away from ebay though.

Thanks for the advice lads, much appreciated. Im slowly getting to grips with it all and wont part with cash until ive learn't some more.

Also thanks for pm offering me a deal, i will get back to you when im more clued up in a week or so.

Thanks again.

Kev

hi kev, i'm new on here and looking to ditch sly and set up a vu+ or xtrend box. will need a line soon. may i ask what you found out about the lines and who did you opt for? any info would be appreciated

Hi, I am in the same boat and looking to get a line but I have also seen some offers on Amazon and wondered if they are any good? I notice that feedback seems good on some that I have seen. Can they be trusted?

Dont buy a line off Amazon or Ebay.The sat forums are full with people losing their service after a couple of months when the money back guarantee finishes.Source your line from someone on this forum or use someone supplies friends or family.

Never go with ebay or gumtree buddy! I have countless of people that come to me telling me they've been ripped off by either a glitchy and freezing service or there seller simply making a runner!

My Recommendation:

1. Don't get the Skybox F5s or V8s - they are of poor quality (I've seen around 4/5 bricked within 3 months!) Instead get a Zgemma Star 2S (V8S costs around £40 this Zgemma is arund £70 but way way better), they are at least 3x better if not more! Additionally if you can stretch your budget even further get a Vu+Duo 2! Believe me this is coming from someone that does set ups day in day out!

2. As far as a line is concerned stick to trusted forums, don't ebay or gumtree this stuff! Full of scammers! Additionally get a test line, channel hop to channels that are busy to see if it glitches, e.g. currently Sky Sports Ashes is a good one to test on! If possible monitor the ECM time to see how good the line is.

3. You can set the Zgemma up yourself, but making mistakes can brick it, I am sure there will be a lot of people that can guide you over the forum, alternatively you can have someone on the forum set it up and post it to you! It has a twin tuner allowing you to record whilst watching other stuff etc.!

4. Ideally the best is to have your own dedicated server- but I know it takes a lot of maintenance so getting a line is much easier, just go with someone you can trust!

Hope that helps buddy!

Hi, I am new to all this and my Sky contract is due to finish tomorrow so I am also on the look out for a new box.

Where is the best place to buy a VU+ Solo 2 or a Zgemma Star S2?

I can pick up the Zgemma Star S2 box of a chap near me for £110, then I think he charges £80 per year. I can pick up the Zgemma Star S2 for £70, would it then be easy enough for me to set this up to look similar to Sky - have to keep it looking as close I can for the missus ;o)

If it is easy enough for me to set up, where do I find the best line in my area?

Thanks,
Martin.

Last edited:
I suggest you edit your post as we can't name sellers PM only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to set up box quick use a back up there are 2 in the downloads Sucmnsee Vix hades And MTpockets Atv both with instructions

Give them both a miss get your box yourself the get your line off here of people who have trusted servers Avoid 3 year gifts and gifts of ebay

The problem with this is that even using Techkings forum you have no idea who has a trusted server. As far as I can make out, you put a request on the forum and then get inundated by PMs offering services - none of which can be verified as being trusted. You are shooting n the dark just the same as on eBay.

Styla - The reason I wnet for a V8S rather than the superior Zgemma2S is that I have read taht the Zgemma is more complicated to set up. IN addition to that there are many Youtube tutorials on the V8S and none (that I could find) on the Zgemma. If I could get decent support (Idiot's guide) then I certainly would have gone for Zgemma as the differnece in cost is negligible in the grand scheme of things, but it just isn't there.

Well that is where your wrong I've been with same server for over 3 years you will know when you have a good 1 90% of sellers on eBay are scammers and amazon , gumtree How do know because we pick up the pieces Has to setting up the Zgemma Have you tried reading the zgemma section?

The problem with this is that even using Techkings forum you have no idea who has a trusted server. As far as I can make out, you put a request on the forum and then get inundated by PMs offering services - none of which can be verified as being trusted. You are shooting n the dark just the same as on eBay.

Styla - The reason I wnet for a V8S rather than the superior Zgemma2S is that I have read taht the Zgemma is more complicated to set up. IN addition to that there are many Youtube tutorials on the V8S and none (that I could find) on the Zgemma. If I could get decent support (Idiot's guide) then I certainly would have gone for Zgemma as the differnece in cost is negligible in the grand scheme of things, but it just isn't there.

plenty of info on here how to set up a Zgemma.you dont need a Youtube tutorial to show you how just do a bit off reading and you will work it out
in fact all enigma2 boxes are set up 99% the same

Ah but inbed79 I do need a Youtube video to show me what to do. "A picture is worth a thousand words" and all that. Never underestimate the ignorance of your audience!

Cheers

DD

---------- Post Merged at 02:21 PM ----------

Thanks for your advice Tich. It appears that I am now able to post again! I'll bare what you have said in mind when it comes to looking for a line. BTW, can you use an nline on a V8s?

Yes N lines can go in CCcam or in the Mg camd in which they work better

Back