Wifi signal slow due to home plugs?

Welshred

Hi guys

I set a mate up with this box and he is using the TP Link homeplugs from currys. Ever since I set it up (Friday) the wifi signal in their house seems to be VERY slow during the day, not even loading web pages.

Have any of you guys experienced problems with wifi when using home plugs?

I don't think these boxes use a great deal of bandwidth and with the home plug connected it shouldn't use / have any effect on their wifi should it?

If someone could advise if they have come across this I would be forever greatful :) thanks

I haven't had a problem with mine I have zgemma hardwired down stairs openbox upstairs using tp homeplugs plus ps3 and ps4 using wireless than laptop and phones. Not always at same time but when they are I still don't get any problems what speed dose he get I have around 28mg on fibre optic

I have Tp homeplugs and have no problem They should make no difference as they dont use the WIFI signal

If there are issues with the wifi then its worth checking if neighbours are using the same wifi channel, I use 'wifi analyzer' on android.

If they are then change the channel to a less used one, in regards to homeplugs I also use them without any issues.

Back