Windows 8 Release News: Voice interaction and 128-bit support?

hadmad

VIP Member

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 02:28 PM PST

windows-8-release-news-voice-interaction-and-128-bit-support.jpg

Microsoft have recently launched Windows 7 and there is already talk of Windows 8, the software giant is said to be hiring staff for its next operating system due for launch in 2012. Early reports say that Windows 8 will come with Voice interaction and 128-bit support.

According to mybroadband.co.za, Microsoft only waited three years from Vista to Windows 7, so they are working on that sort of time frame. However, there was a five-year break from Windows XP to Vista, but we are not sure if Microsoft will ever have a break like that again, not when Mac is getting more popular. I never thought I would change teams, but I am now batting for Apple.

Not only has Microsoft got to compete with Mac OS, but also the upcoming new kid on the block, Google Chrome OS, which is excepted to boot in just 7 seconds.

The change from Windows XP to Vista was a huge one; but the change from Vista to Windows 7 was just an evolution of the OS. The change from Windows 7 to Windows 8 will need to be a huge again, but we wonder if Microsoft can pull the job off in three years.

There are reports that Windows 8 will offer support for 128-bit, not sure how popular this will be as users have the choice of 32-bit and 64-bit today but most still choose to run on 32-bit. The uptake of 64-bit has been very slow, but this is due to lack of driver support from hardware and peripheral makers.

For more details, visit MyADSL

Last edited:
Back