Windows Server 2008 and iPhone 3GS/iTunes 10

Session9

VIP Member
Hi all,
Having problems at work. I'm trying to connect my iPhone 3GS to my workstation so that I can have a play with the iTunes store etc. I don't have the internet at home.

The server is Windows Server 2008, and every workstation has its own WYSE terminal...thing.

When I plug my iPhone into my WYSE USB port, it doesn't even recognise it anywhere in the computer. But my phone starts charging. I can't see it in my computer or device manager, I don't get any errors, and this is what iTunes diagnostic thing came up with (below).

Anyone got any ideas?

Code:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform
iTunes 10.1.1.4
QuickTime 7.6.9
FairPlay 1.10.14
Apple Application Support 1.4.1
iPod Updater Library 10.0d2
CD Driver 2.2.0.1
CD Driver DLL 2.1.1.1
Apple Mobile Device 3.3.0.69
Apple Mobile Device Driver not found.
Bonjour 2.0.4.0 (214.3)
Gracenote SDK 1.8.2.457
Gracenote MusicID 1.8.2.89
Gracenote Submit 1.8.2.123
Gracenote DSP 1.8.2.34

iTunes Serial Number D251728081594E13

Current user is an administrator.
The current local date and time is 2011-01-12 16:24:15.
iTunes is not running in safe mode.
WebKit accelerated compositing is disabled.
HDCP is not supported.
Core Media is not supported. (16002)

Video Display Information

VMware, Inc., VMware SVGA II

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

**** Device Connectivity Tests ****

iPodService 10.1.1.4 is currently running.
iTunesHelper 10.1.1.4 is currently running.
Apple Mobile Device service 3.3.0.0 is currently running.

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller.  Device is working properly.
Intel(R) 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller.  Device is working properly.

No FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controller found.

**** Device Sync Tests ****

No iPod, iPhone, or iPad found.

37 looks at no love?
Does no one have any idea how I could get it to recognise? I have done all the uninstall-reinstalling etc.

Hi session, have you tried putting it into "disc" mode? The ipod i mean to get the OS to recognise it. I do believe doing this though might erase everything on it when changing it back to normal so back it up first before trying anything!

Thanks for the reply!

Two questions...do you mean disc mode in iTunes? I have an iPhone 3, not an iPod =]
And how do I back up my phone if I can't get it to recognise on the computer?

Ah sorry session i thought it was the IPOD.
Seems there are alot of problems with ipods and phones alike since the newest release of itunes, no surprise there really as apple suck big time but try this out.

Open device manager

Connect the iphone to the computer, different usb port this time and check for any changes in device manager like camera or imaging device.

under any of these options that show up see if the iphone has appeared

Right click it if it shows or if just portable imaging device shows right click that, remember to expand the options first by clicking the + button

select update driver software

select browse computer for driver software to install from a list or specific location

Under Search for Drivers software in this location type
“C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers\” If itunes is installed this directory should exist (hopefully)

Once the new drivers are installed crappy Itunes should hopefully recognise the crappy Iphone :)

I've watched with all of the + expanded, nothing changes. It doesn't recognise it anywhere in there.

I am outta ideas on this one session sorry, maybe uninstall itunes and try to install an older version if possible?
Connect the phone while its powered off and the switch it on when its connected via usb?
Just throwing rough guesses now :)
Add new hardware wizard maybe?

Back