Windows XP Windows XP countdown clock ticks under 500 days

I have used the program recommended by Gman, and I just want to know that I have ticked all the right boxes to get the most for my machine.
the three pictures showthe three different tabs and the choices that I made.
I have XP as the O/S (32 bit) , I have Office 2007, I have microsoft security essentials, but I chose not to download the updates for this as it is usually no big swing to get the latest updates for it.
Does anyone have any opinions??

Screen 1.JPG

Screen 2.JPG

Screen 3.JPG

Looks good, but I would take the ".Net Framework" updates too in that 3rd image, just to be covered.

one more thing we all should think of with xp is when support runs out it will become more vulnerable to various malware exploits and hacking. yes microsoft will still make available all the updates after support runs out ,but that is not the problem. no more security updates will mean xp will be a good fishin hole for hackers etc.

Meanwhile, Windows Vista, which peaked at 19.1% in October 2009, the same month Windows 7 debuted, now accounts for just 5.8% of all systems.

Hopefully Vista will become the "forgotten" windows. Couldn't get on with that version.

88 Days To Go

Countdown Clock Here:

Code:
http://mycountdown.org/fullpage.php?group=my%20countdown&countdown=My%20Countdown&widget_number=3015&text1=Windows%20XP%20End%20of%20Life&text2=If%20you%20need%20help%20with%20upgrading%20your%20hardware%20from%20Windows%20XP,%20give%20us%20a%20call!&timezone=GMT&event_time=1396310400&img=1&cp3_Hex=&cp2_Hex=FFFFFF&cp1_Hex=000000&hbg=0&fwdt=200

the other half uses XP and security will she be able to still use this when dooms day happens.

the other half uses XP and security will she be able to still use this when dooms day happens.

She will and they (MS) have announced that they will be extending the availability of virus updates.

keep in mind tho dee that those are only updates for mse,and do not patch security flaws in the operating system.this can still leave you open to hackers,drive by exploits etc.its going to be a risky business running xp when support is done.windows 7 should be getting pretty cheap right now and i would seriously consider it.support for 7 goes until 2018.

the other only browses net, does not trust ATMS so no banking or downloading on her lappy. but will look into windows 7 as i run the premium.

Wondered how long it would take them to hit XP machines with this lol

Arrived on one of my XP machines this morning KB2934207 (You can and should refuse this update)

XP End of Life Nag Screen Update:

14o4too.jpg

Even if you do deploy this update it looks like you can still tell it to go away (y)

xppopup_0.jpg

Last edited:
Wondered how long it would take them to hit XP machines with this

Arrived on one of my XP machines this morning KB2934207 (You can and should refuse this update)

I got the same the same update,Half an hour ago G.Also same number.(y)

Strange. I have a fully updated XP system here (as of the last patch released by MS EOL April 2014) and what do you know? I just received a Windows XP critical security update for Internet Explorer from Microsoft through automatic updates. Anyone else get it?

struth,ms came out with the ie update and included xp.but that aside,cmon guys,windows 7 is a great os.lol

Strange. I have a fully updated XP system here (as of the last patch released by MS EOL April 2014) and what do you know? I just received a Windows XP critical security update for Internet Explorer from Microsoft through automatic updates. Anyone else get it?

Yes, Microsoft decided they would issue the update to all versions of Internet Explorer and this of course includes IE6 which is installed on Windows XP. Microsoft can't deny the existence of IE6 just because Windows XP is not supported. It's cool that they have done that. Though in no way does that make Windows XP secure as it lacks any other critical update.

Back