wireless problems since installing new superhub

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Since ive had my new vm Superhub i seem to be having problems with my wireless printer. Had problems with the laptop connecting but rang vm and got it sorted! In the book it does not explain what each light does. but i do know that the V light is the ready light and needs to be constant, the wireless light not sure what ites mean to do or the blue light at the top Arrow up/down icon ( on the pic below the top light is green - on mine its blue flashing)
superhub21-e1298577656900.jpg

The 3 lights on the superhub - 2 of them keep flashing. The blue light im not sure what it is the wireless light very rarely stays constant. But the printer HP Photosmart plus every so often goes berserk and keeps telling me to switch off/on again as if it needs resetting, but i have no idea why. So i know that some of you on here have the superhub and wondered if you could explain for me.

As for the lights.

Light at the top: (Blue light: a connection to the VM cable network has been made, and it flashes everytime data is sent or recieved over the internet) Its abit like your send and recieve LED lights on your old modem but its now in one light. When you start the router, the top light will stay green, and then will change blue to let you know its connected, abit like on the old modem where the "cable" LED would stay on to show you that its connected to the network.

Middle light: There just seems to be a tick indicated at the top of this one, perhaps telling us that a connection has been established succesfully and that everything is ok?

Bottom Light: I'm guessing this will flash whenever there is activity over WiFi.

You might want to go into the VM Superhub page: "192.168.0.1" and backup your current settings before making any changes.

Have you tried the following tweaks:

Disabling firewall and IP flood detection in Services.

802.11 mode: Down to 145MBPS?

802.11N Band: To 2.4Ghz?

Chosing a more effective channel?: Either 1, 6, or 11?

802.11 mode: Down to 145MBPS? This is on 300 so have changed it down

802.11N Band: To 2.4Ghz? This i have kept to 2.4

Chosing a more effective channel?: Either 1, 6, or 11?
channel was set on auto so have moved to chnl 11 for now

thanks Dan
honestly they send you out these things with no proper setup explanation as to what all the lights mean or exactly what they do.
Ive changed 2 settings above and will see how it goes and keep you posted. Thanks!
As long as the printer staying on and stops flashing at me as if its disconnected im happy :)

Hope it sorts out your issue for you Linny. :)

They do give you a big, my bad, a MASSIVE leaflet to set it all up, but there isn't much help when it comes to settings. There is a little description for each feature on the right hand side on the routers configuration page but thats about it. As long as your WiFi is protected and you've got the settings tweaked to my previous post, you should be ok.

I wouldn't have thought turning of the firewall and IP flood detection would be a good idea, but alot of staff over at the VM forums are telling members to do this. I did have lag on the PS3 when using the iPlayer, but after turning these two options off, it was working flawlessly.

Back