Wolves and the premier league.

my tongue was in cheek ...Watford highly likely to get thrashed against Spurs, and Wolves have an easier run-in than Watford so I predict a minimum of 7th

about time this got resurrected :grin:

so, currently 7th and reached the semi final of the fa cup,

results against the top clubs,

Wolves 1-1 Manchester City
Manchester United 1-1 Wolves
Arsenal 1-1 Wolves
Wolves 2-1 Chelsea
Tottenham 1-3 Wolves
Chelsea 1-1 Wolves
Wolves 2-1 Manchester United
Wolves 3-1 Arsenal

considering the restraints of ffp and not being able to spend the money we have i'd say thats not a bad season. far better than some predicted :love:

Good season overall for wolves, I said last August on here that they would do well and they are in the premier league for the long haul, mind you I also thought Fulham would stay up, fancied Cardiff and Huddersfield to go down along with southampton, so mixed there, remember aswell Wolves also knocked Liverpool and Man Utd out of the f.a cup.

so, 2nd season syndrome doesn't seem to be happening.

wolves will burn out like burnley did with the pressures of playing in europe? - nah

jiminez "the worst striker in the premier league" was quoted earlier on in this thread :laughing:

first season - fa cup semi final, 7th in the league and qualified for europe.

second season - 5th in the league, minimum 1 point required to qualify for the knockout stages, our manager currently 2-1 favourite to be the next arsenal manager which i sincerely doubt and hope will not happen.

not looking too shabby are we?

playing some fantastic football and beatng last years champions on their own patch.

all whilst having our hands tied by ffp as the "new boys"

whilst most on here have been reasonably pragmatic there are some replies reading back through the thread that really make me laugh now.

onwards and upwards :whistle:

Arsenal are looking for a quick fix
They have to keep the fan base happy
NES may or may not be a good idea for that team, probably not would be my opinion.
I think he may be looking for more money from wolves, which I think he's due to for what he's done.
Probably couldn't do anything similar for Arsenal as the player base are of a different mindset and think they are above such people.
It's a type of psychological cancer that runs through top teams, or players who think they are better than what they are, "I'm not taking orders from you - I made more in 6 months than you've made in your life"

i'm pretty much in agreement with you bud.

when nuno first came he changed very little in terms of players for the first few months.

then players left, everyone moaned when douglas left for leeds but it transpires that there was a clash of personalities and there was only one winner.

cav and costa were both offloaded, players that were bought in were of a certain mentality , either vastly experienced with a good work ethic or young and extremely talented. either way nuno stands no messing at all, he knows what he wants and has a clear plan.

every age group throughout the club play to the same gameplan, the whole ethos of what nuno believes in is replicated across every team. when youngsters make the step up to the first team they have been playing the same style of football for years.

i know a few of the staff at the club and whilst almost all would agree you do not cross him everyone to a man respects him and what his team are doing.

i have no idea how no english clubs picked him up before we did unless its the importance of his association with mr mendes of course.

i see no reason for him to leave and i sincerely do not think he will. he is backed to the hilt financially by the owners and the board and he has a backroom staff all hand picked by himself.

the man will be a legend if he stays :smiley:

I hope they stay in the top flight for a long time.
Things change all the time and I think the country as a whole have been p!$$3d off with MU, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, etc for past 10 years, this is why there was such widespread joy and happiness when Leicester won.
They're not supposed to win, wolves aren't supposed to achieve anything, I love it when stuff happens like this

I'm a baggie fan, and all I can say I have got to hold my hand up to wolves as they are playing some wonderful football at present, hoping we can get the main derby back on next season but west brom will have to spend like wolves have, good luck.

I have been a lifetime Foxes fan!! I wouldn't worry too much about Wolves, they won't go down!!

Wolves have proved doubters wrong once again I'm a Chelsea fan and can honestly say I've thought they wouldn't do well but proved us wrong by doing a number on us and hope they get to compete even more over the next seasons and nuno would be a great upset to wolves and hopefully in time to come manage a top 4 club

Last edited:
Top half of the PL table has that old first division mid seventies look about it, Liverpool at the top but teams like Wolves, Sheff utd ,Leicester and Burnley all doing well, only Leeds and Derby missing, makes the league even better when you see the type of football being played by the fore mentioned teams, they are competing well against the big boys week in week out.

They are a quality team for sure. Been bit inconsistent this season compared to last season.

Even though united fan like to cheer on the Midlands teams lol.

Wolves and Leicester are two PL teams really like to watch as a neutral and PL need both in the league that is for sure.

Back