Woman Who Put Cat In Bin Is Identified

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
A woman who was filmed putting a cat in a wheelie bin has been offered police protection after being identified by the RSPCA.

30.jpg

The grey-haired suspect was tracked down after she was caught on CCTV by the cat's owners, Daryll and Stephanie Mann, at their Coventry home.

Embedded: Click Here to watch

[YOUTUBE]OtuqQb_6cNk[/YOUTUBE]

Sky's Lisa Dowd said the woman was being offered police protection because of the "level of vitriol against her".

She said residents in Coventry were extremely angry, and death threats had been made against the woman on the internet.

"West Midlands Police are taking her safety extremely seriously," she said.

The Manns found the trapped four-year-old cat when they heard her cries on Sunday morning.

They thought Lola must have been dumped in the bin by drunken yobs.

But when they looked through their CCTV footage, they were shocked to discover it was a middle-aged woman.

She is caught petting the animal on camera, before looking around to see if she is being watched.

As Lola walks along the wall lining the Manns' front garden, the woman opens the wheelie bin, picks the cat up by the scruff of her neck and throws her in.

Mr Mann told Sky News: "I was shocked how someone could do something like that to an animal.

"I know some people don't like cats but you wouldn't expect them to do that to an animal that can't defend itself."

The incident happened at 7.55pm on Saturday and the cat was trapped for nearly 16 hours before she was dicovered by the Manns.

They said Lola was terrified and sitting in her own mess.

"I'm surprised at it being a lady I expected it was someone drunk coming back from the pub, but when I saw that, it's mad," said Mr Mann.

The RSPCA said it was "appalled" by the woman's actions and was continuing investigations to decide whether to bring charges against her.

police spokesman told Sky News: "The RSPCA are leading an investigation into the incident and will be interviewing the woman shortly.

"Coventry Police are supporting this investigation and urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with correctly by the authorities.

"Coventry Police have not arrested the woman becuase she has not committed a criminal offence."

Last edited:
What the hell she do that for, the cat was minding its own business why did'nt she ffs,

Thank god the cat got out and was'nt tipped into the back of a Rubbish truck and maybe crushed, I don't know the worlds gone mad :dunno:

What a disgusting thing to do to a poor defenceless cat. The woman should know better at her age, silly cow.

As a cat lover and owner of 2 cats punishment should fit the crime ...stuff in a box for the same amount of time and scare the s**t out of her

Cat In A Wheelie Bin Woman Caught On CCTV Mary Bale Apologises For Her Actions

Just uploaded her apology, pathetic!.

[YOUTUBE]PrQKJbalgZY[/YOUTUBE]

it reads something like this

"I am sorry that i got caught"

she didn't sound one bit sorry

I saw all this on the news. I used to have cats and well i love all animals. Sorry but the "Im sorry is not the usual me i dont know what came over me" is a load of crap. Wouldnt go to her bank and trust her with my money - She works with the public.
So its not a criminal offense to put a cat in a bin and try to kill it - murder is murder!! if it were a dog - i believe things would be different. WHY for F S. It a poor harmless defenseless animal that was doing no harm to no one, poor thing saw her thought it was gonna get some loving and she tried to murder it by putting it in the bin with no air.
To bloody right the town are out to get her, shows how much their care for animals

Back