1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooshbuild setup without Hard Disk?

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by hallda12, Dec 22, 2016.

1. hallda12

hallda12 Registered

Hello,

Ive been given a Zgemma H2's from a friend to set up but they havent got a hard drive or anything yet. They will be getting one in the future but they cant afford one yet. How do i go about setting up the box with wooshbuild without one? They arent bothered about recording at the moment but would like the sky skin and everything like that.

I have a usb to get the box to boot up into the wooshbuild setup page but it wont let me go any further without connecting a hardrive.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    East Midlands
    You need to have something plugged into the back, even if it's a small usb stick.
    A lot of settings point to the hdd so it needs to be there.

3. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

{bus driver
    Dublin
    I'd add to Willo's point in that for the sake of an extra tenner or so, you can pause/rewind live tv - Record the odd program, have EPG working, etc. just get a USB stick (probably get a 64GB for £10)

4. tbon3

tbon3 Registered

Get a branded one not some no-name stick off ebay. 16GB Sandisk drives can be found for a fiver from amazon or your local supermarket

5. djgarf

djgarf TK Veteran

Male
    Weston
    I wouldn't ever buy a memory stick from eBay, branded or not lol