Would a technomate dish work with the Openbox V8S

mehdi

Hi, I just bought the v8s without the sky dish. I would like to know if an old technomate dish would work with the signal.
I have the dish pointing towards Hotbird at the moment. Thank you

Thank you. When I'm changing the position of the dish how can I check if it is being pointed towards the Sky signal?

Looking from the rear of dish, move to the left. Hotbird is 13e and you need to move to 28.2e. Also you will need to lower the elevation slightly---look at a neighbours dish as example. Now either use a cheap in line sat finder or chain the wife/girlfriend to the tv---connect box to dish---if you have inserted a channel list on box [do it]---pick a fta channel such as BBC1---move the dish from side to side and up and down gently until either your sat finder bleeps or your tv slave screams "got a picture"---adjust dish slightly until you get the best picture on tv--lock dish.
View attachment 13220
Have fun.
Reaper.

LNB or Low Noise Block is the device fixed to the front of the dish and obtains radio waves at set frequency for box to convert into pictures [not bad for a muppet like me lol]
The frequency required for ku band on the openbox is 9750-10600 and should be set on the satellite list in menu.
The transponders are set to frequencies that determine what channel is shown and are listed again in the menu.
You don't need to touch/adjust them in normal circumstances [just tick 28.2e in sat list and follow the guide, no need to get techy--the box is simplicity itself.
Reaper.

Thank you,

I have now got the freeview channel's to show but I can't get any of the dollar sign ones, what does that mean?

You now need to purchase a "line" which will decrypt the scrambled channels.
Look in this forum for providers---find the request a line area.
Reaper.

Back