ET 8000 HD X trend crashing with VIX

Mikebpw

Hi all, just picking anyone's brains who might have had a similar problem to this.

my friend ordered an XTREND 8000 as he was impressed with mine. However for some unknown reason all it seems to do is crash in many different places usually after running for a few mins, or attempting a button press on remote. For the life of us we cannot work out why this is happening. Even after re flashing with latest VIX released today it is still unstable and crashing all time. I have even had it at my house an it's doing the same.

is it possible that box may have been damaged in transit?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

mike

mines does not crash but mates did he was ftp stuff to box dont know what he gave to me so flashed problem still there so flashed with not a vix image then flashed back to vix all good now for mate been a couple off months now u could try diff flash then reflash with vix b4 u contact them and its something he done

Right ok I'll give that a go, what other one did he flash with an where is best place to download it do you think?

cheers for that it's definitely worth giving a go I guess

Well I flashed it with ATV an crashed on boot with the new image. So then re flashed it with latest Vix an still crashed. Surely it must be a hardware issue, he must be unlucky an box must be damaged. My trend 8000 has been fine but his just keeps on crashing

Yes it has to be, obviously at first I'm thinking it must be me an something I have done but I did everything the same as what I did to set up mine and mine hasn't crashed either. He's going to get a replacement an then should be straight forward. I'm 100% happy with mine like, I'm sure it can do a lot more and hopefully over time I'll learn all the things it can do. At moment I'm happy with what it's doing.

did he get box to flash with new image,and usb used is kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb confirmed working.might need a bootloader flash then image chat on their forum as images are on a change and dont use settings restore.
failing that contact wos.

I flashed it with the Kingston which I purchased with my XTREND obviously I formatted the Kingston sub first. Not to sure exactly what you mean when you say a boot loader flash?? I flashed with AtV that crashed too then re formatted Kingston put latest VIX on it an flashed box again. Appeared to flash ok but still crashed after 5 min. I'm still learning all this lol so I'm sorry if I come across as a little thick with what I'm saying. Here is me reccomended this X trend to my fiend although it took me a couple weeks research to get mine up an running I had his up an running in an hour or 2 but felt so stupid not being able to get to where I am with mine, spent most of 2 nights trying an failed. I just hope that WOS will let him return it an they will replace it with another one as I'm sure it must be just bad luck an he got a dodgy one!!

I wont rest til I get him up an running with an XTREND 8000 I think it's a good box, still discovering it's capabilities an like I say still in the learning process so if there is any think it does that I might not know about please feel free to tell me lol,

i find myself browsing tech kings more than Facebook these days an must admit a much better interesting an more informative read haha

try rechecking your sat feed cables to see if outer strand touching inner .

some times when boxes have a problem doing a bootloader image is a base image before the second part of image is used.
in the menu setup there are log files switch them on and reboot box,when box crashes send those files to wos.

Back