X2 f5s boxes don't work??

gazzaabc

Hi all, here is 1 that will blow alot of minds. Had an f5s box for 2 years which has worked fine. The gift has recently expired and now that I renewed it, it won't work. All freeview channels are fine but all gift channels are scrambled. The gift is a nline. The gift is fine because it works on my v8 box. The f5s box is 100% connected to the Internet via ethernet cable. Ive tried other gifts on the box and still no luck. It's just weird that this box was fine until the gift expired.

All what I have just said applies to a second f5s box which also won't work. This 2nd box expired a week later. Help please

i would be questioning what was the previous line on box and was it a cline,what cam was used to decrypt your channels?

Previous line was a nline which worked fine. I have tried both cline and nline. The f5s boxes have the latest firmware and channel list.

so another nline entered into box into correct location and active does you box have to restart to connect to internet.

I have restarted the box. Yea the nline is entered into the correct location. I have tried factory reset and then updated channels and firmware. It's baffled me because I'm very familiar with these boxes.

try another test line and if that works you will know,was your old gift line removed and new one added correctly,same details on both boxes.

gift

Hi all, here is 1 that will blow alot of minds. Had an f5s box for 2 years which has worked fine. The gift has recently expired and now that I renewed it, it won't work. All freeview channels are fine but all gift channels are scrambled. The gift is a nline. The gift is fine because it works on my v8 box. The f5s box is 100% connected to the Internet via ethernet cable. Ive tried other gifts on the box and still no luck. It's just weird that this box was fine until the gift expired.

All what I have just said applies to a second f5s box which also won't work. This 2nd box expired a week later. Help please

hi try this.
Drag or download the attachments below, and save it

drag and drop the Newcamd.list file to your usb memory stick

do not paste and copy as this will not work

as this will result in a file not found

Insert memory stick into your openbox/skybox

1. Press Menu on openbox/skybox Remote control
2. Press the right arrow button until you see TOOLS
3. Press OK
4. Press down arrow to highlight Upgrade By USB
5. Press OK
6. With UPGRADE MODE highlighted it should say Image File (*.abs)
7. Press right arrow once and it should change to Misc Files
8. Press Down arrow to select and upgrade
9. Press OK
A list of files will appear
10. Press ok or green(add) button on T.PROG.dbs to put a tick

11. Then Scroll down using arrow button until you see NewCamd.list (MGcamd plug) press ok or green(add)

12. You should now see a green circle with a tick in it at the side of Tp.prog.dbs and NewCamd.list (MGcamd plug). To see newcamd scroll down then tick/add it also.
13. Press YELLOW button to upgrade
14. After about 30 seconds the percentage bar will be 100% with a note saying
Upgrade Finished, press "Info" key for result
15. Now Keep Pressing exit until you return to TV programme or it powers off its self
16. if not then Power off your openbox/skybox and turn back on for upgrade to finalize

hi try this.
Drag or download the attachments below, and save it

drag and drop the Newcamd.list file to your usb memory stickj

do not paste and copy as this will not work

as this will result in a file not found

Insert memory stick into your openbox/skybox

1. Press Menu on openbox/skybox Remote control
2. Press the right arrow button until you see TOOLS
3. Press OK
4. Press down arrow to highlight Upgrade By USB
5. Press OK
6. With UPGRADE MODE highlighted it should say Image File (*.abs)
7. Press right arrow once and it should change to Misc Files
8. Press Down arrow to select and upgrade
9. Press OK
A list of files will appear
10. Press ok or green(add) button on T.PROG.dbs to put a tick

11. Then Scroll down using arrow button until you see NewCamd.list (MGcamd plug) press ok or green(add)

12. You should now see a green circle with a tick in it at the side of Tp.prog.dbs and NewCamd.list (MGcamd plug). To see newcamd scroll down then tick/add it also.
13. Press YELLOW button to upgrade
14. After about 30 seconds the percentage bar will be 100% with a note saying
Upgrade Finished, press "Info" key for result
15. Now Keep Pressing exit until you return to TV programme or it powers off its self
16. if not then Power off your openbox/skybox and turn back on for upgrade to finalize

I can't see any attachments??

Back