XMLTV EPG update manually

alexsarge

I have completed the firmware update on my openbox v8s and my XMLTV EPG works. The only thing is I have to update the XMLTV EPG manually everyday, reboot the box and then the epg is populated. Is this the norm? I have auto update on but it isn't auto updating. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Alex

I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer and there was a simple fix, o well ill try a re install and let you know how it goes.

The auto-update very rarely works properly for me. I find that it will auto-update when an update is ready once when the box is put into standby, but doesn't seem to do it again after that.

I just do it manually when needed.

btw...do you need to update every day for your EPG to work? Are you saying that it only gives you an EPG for 1 day?

Last edited:
I have to update it everyday for it to work otherwise its just blank on every channel (seems like it clears when moving to new day). Once updated though it works and shows everything correctly. Clutching at straws, Ill re flash the box and start from scratch.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've updated the XMLTV EPG and most of the channels seem to display the 7 day guide, but there are some channels (all Sky movie channels for example) that don't display anything so you can't see whats showing or whats next. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

I've updated the XMLTV EPG and most of the channels seem to display the 7 day guide, but there are some channels (all Sky movie channels for example) that don't display anything so you can't see whats showing or whats next. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

The way I do it is to update the epg any time before 12am. When the next day clicks over the epg does too. :)

Hi,

Thanks

The way I do it is to update the epg any time before 12am. When the next day clicks over the epg does too.

Do you get the Sky Movie channels guide? I've updated the EPG a few times today but still get the same issue.

Last edited:
Yes it'll click over the next day. That's why i do it just before 12am. If you've updated today the epg for all channels including movies will work from around 12.30-1.30am. So another hour to wait. :)

Yes it'll click over the next day. That's why i do it just before 12am. If you've updated today the epg for all channels including movies will work from around 12.30-1.30am. So another hour to wait. :)

Guess i'll just have to wait and see then. I do find it weird that most of the channel guides are OK, it's just some of them don't show up, including all the Sky Movie channels.

Back