XMLTV EPG working

Deftone

Edit: it was working but isn't now. It was either me turning box off, or the turn of the hour I'm not sure. Either was exact same as sky app guide until something happened. :(

Not working now. But apps are so maybe worth the upgrade if you are after that. Apologies again.

New skybox firmware 8/4/14

View attachment 20144810143294674.rar

!

Regards
Deftone

Last edited:
Appreciate the heads-up, those that use it a lot will be very happy.

However, the EPG - as it stands - is simply not worth the risk of doing a firmware update IMO.
You always run a small risk of bricking the box with a firmware update and I can't see the point in trying to polish this particular turd, even with a small risk.

I don't bother using it any more TBH and simply use the Sky Planner on iPad

Appreciate the heads-up, those that use it a lot will be very happy.

However, the EPG - as it stands - is simply not worth the risk of doing a firmware update IMO.
You always run a small risk of bricking the box with a firmware update and I can't see the point in trying to polish this particular turd, even with a small risk.

I don't bother using it any more TBH and simply use the Sky Planner on iPad

Its not working now. It was too good to last it seems.

Very buggy just tried it, once you go on a channel press favourites just scroll to diff group highlight diff channel then the picture freezes, reverted back to older fw

New firmware description says its to fix a bug to do with some uk channels showing as scrambled. Not sure wtf that is all about.

Nothing to do with epg though :-( so guess it one for xmltv to sort their end...

New firmware is to fix scrambled channels that have audio but no video, baby tv, sony max and geo uk are the channels plus about 5 adult channels for me anyways that are scrambled but have audio, yes on the new firmware the screen freezes when u bring up favs menu and go searching for a channel as someone said above, it doesnt happen to everyone though but did for me, i went back to previous firmware.

Thanks for the heads up wont be doing this. EPG isn't to bad now, everyone in my house have re-calibrated there brains.
Might get the tvgude shortcut up on the desktop,the only problem is you cant set the record function now for those who used it.

The main reason people brick they boxes with the firmware is because they are, Clones of the originals, Pressing buttons when in the Burnflash mode ( Dont touch anything till it finishes) Make sure the download the only file on the usb I have done loads of firmware updates Not had a problem

Thanks for the heads up wont be doing this. EPG isn't to bad now, everyone in my house have re-calibrated there brains.
Might get the tvgude shortcut up on the desktop,the only problem is you cant set the record function now for those who used it.

Of course you can! Just set it to record then manually move the start time back an hour!!

Of course you can! Just set it to record then manually move the start time back an hour!!

The firmware update is now posted on SkyBox | SkyBox

the bugfix for the 1hour error on EPG, done mine last night, its working perfect.

The firmware update is now posted on SkyBox | SkyBox

the bugfix for the 1hour error on EPG, done mine last night, its working perfect.

Thanks for this, found the update last night but it still wasn't working and have just found the EPG bugfix, sorted. Cheers

How is it u install the big fix for the epg

download the latest firmware from >> SkyBox | SkyBox

extract the .abs file onto a USB drive,
Go to your box, select Update From USB
Select the .abs file and let the box do burnflash.

After this be sure the XMLTV Epg is active on your box and update it.

NOTE: This is for F3S and F5S only, and you will need USB drive connected constantly for EPG to update and work.

Back