ET 8000 HD Xtrend 8000

Omen666

Hi there, new here so I hope you can forgive my probably obvious question. Do sky lock their cards to only work on their sky boxes or will they work (paid for) on any such box from WOS. I'm considering purchasing the xtrend 8000, seems a great box for decent spend. I'd like to use the sky sub I have with the advantages of a Linux receiver, IPTV streams, larger capacity drive, streaming to laptop etc etc. I may not have the sub for much longer and be going FTA from rep of Ireland and the 3rd tuner will allow me access the HD local channels as well as FTA and IPTV as well as ability to record.

Basically, if I got sky back at some point in future for whatever reason would their card be fine in this box as I'd continue to enjoy the net connected advantages

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi the card will work but the "premium" channels and HD channels wont work as they have a 2nd pairing to the genuine SkyHD box

Thanks Gman, I was thinking that might well be the case, thanks for confirming

That xtrend is prob about the best box in that segment would you think. Up to 200 stg. Similar in price to the technomate nano 3t with the three tuner option on the xtrend also.

I have the triple tuner et8000 and the quad et10000, the dvb c tuner will work with soarview too

Thats the route I was going, getting the dvb t tuner now r/t spend 50 bucks later on it. Have you streamed one of the tuner feeds to laptop or tablet or any thing?

Yes, all the time, streams very well I have the twin cable and single sat version with a 1TB hdd ET8000
Its a very fast box and a few people have them now

et8000 fan

hi is there any way u can tell me the voltage and amp of fan in a xtrend 8000 box please as i have bought 2 fans and i have to push to starts think there wrong amp i am running without a fan at moment

no idea on fans but there are settings on box for control of fans.

might have to contact wos as google or ebay dont.

Last edited:
Back