ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 / OpenVix - CCcam AND MGCamd not working.

MaDCaTz

Hi,

I've spent 6 hours straight trying various things to get this to work, however for the life of me I cannot get the lines to work. They work fine on a ZGemma box however. In fact I even bought a set of new lines just in case.

I have installed CCCam 2.3.0 and FTP'd into the box and added the following into /etc/ AND /usr/keys/:

Code:
C: ++++++-server.eu 18010 USERNAME PASSWORD
C: +++++-server.eu 18504 USERNAME PASSWORD
(I also tried my other lines that I know work)

I then went to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" / "Softcam Manager". I enabled CCcam and set it to auto start. I restarted the box.

When it rebooted, I then go to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" / "CCcam Info" and went to "Servers".

I see both of the servers entered above, but with a red circle next to them. I also tried various sky SD channels but all are blank. I have not managed to get anywhere with CCcam.

--------------------------

I then have tried MGCamd, I installed "mgcamd138" from the plugins, and removed CCcam.

I then FTP'd into the box, and copied the "mg_cfg" file from the ZGemma box (also tried others found online), and placed it in /usr/keys/.

I then created a file called "newcamd.list" and put in some N lines formatted like this:

Code:
CWS =  SERVER.ME 10001 USERNAME PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I also added the "CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300" line in the beginning on another test.

I then went back to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" and enabled Mgcamd, and set it to auto start. I restarted the box but still the channels won't load.

I have also tried installing TSPanel like some other peoples images use but this didn't help either.

Is anyone able to help with this at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is embarrassing... Turns out that the providers I used all happen to have either been banned from using their dynamic DNS service, or have canceled my lines early without communication. Connected my ZGemma box back up and none are working there either.

Side question: Why are providers so nice and helpful before payment, but as rude as anything when you ask if something is wrong?

Plenty or good providers around, just keep trying others servers on short terms until you find a balance of good service and communication

Hi,

I've spent 6 hours straight trying various things to get this to work, however for the life of me I cannot get the lines to work. They work fine on a ZGemma box however. In fact I even bought a set of new lines just in case.

I have installed CCCam 2.3.0 and FTP'd into the box and added the following into /etc/ AND /usr/keys/:

Code:
C: ++++++-server.eu 18010 USERNAME PASSWORD
C: +++++-server.eu 18504 USERNAME PASSWORD
(I also tried my other lines that I know work)

I then went to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" / "Softcam Manager". I enabled CCcam and set it to auto start. I restarted the box.

When it rebooted, I then go to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" / "CCcam Info" and went to "Servers".

I see both of the servers entered above, but with a red circle next to them. I also tried various sky SD channels but all are blank. I have not managed to get anywhere with CCcam.

--------------------------

I then have tried MGCamd, I installed "mgcamd138" from the plugins, and removed CCcam.

I then FTP'd into the box, and copied the "mg_cfg" file from the ZGemma box (also tried others found online), and placed it in /usr/keys/.

I then created a file called "newcamd.list" and put in some N lines formatted like this:

Code:
CWS =  SERVER.ME 10001 USERNAME PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I also added the "CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300" line in the beginning on another test.

I then went back to "Menu" / "Setup" / "Softcam and CI" and enabled Mgcamd, and set it to auto start. I restarted the box but still the channels won't load.

I have also tried installing TSPanel like some other peoples images use but this didn't help either.

Is anyone able to help with this at all?

Hey I have the same problem with my xtrend et8500 I have done all the above and my box doesn't work with n line. It works fine with my zgemma star 2s box. Can someone please help me out how to put my line into my xtrend et8500. I have done all the above same as madcatz. And my server works all channels on my zgemma but not on this box. Hope someone will have idea been doing my head in can't get around it tried it all.thanks

has anyone got a nextrend ET-8500 with cccamworking because when I put my icecrypt back the lines work on that any help appreciated

Back