Yet another dead Skybox F3

deliyski

Sorry to open a new thread, it`s not that I haven`t read the others. My problem is that my PC does not have rs232 port and cannot do the flash.
Is there any other solution? Like rs232 to USB? Would that work? Or if I change the PSU board, I see these on fleebay. Also if anyone from London is willing to do it for me please PM me with offer.
Thank you in advance!

as box is dead usb is useless and boxes need the rs232 only to bring them back,you can get rs232 ports for pc to add it to them as they may be old but still needed for many uses,old dell laptops also had them.

Is it going to work with USB to rs232 cable? I saw it on fleebay and it says it's for flashing satellite boxes with newer computers that use USB.

Last edited:
i know with other boxes it wont as it has to be a cable only job,but would assume its the same with this also,unless someone says they have done it for a dead box,next question is it a null modem cable or a serial cable to use i cant say as i have not got or used this box.

usb adapters can be used with a powered box.but as someone else says firmware is on usb so then not much point.

Last edited:
Back