Yet another starview novice

Hi there,

Im new to the forum and i must of been under a rock for a while of summit, i wish i would have found this forum a while ago!

Heres my situation i live in a new built block of flats and we all share a sky dish, i have a sat point in my flat with sat1 and sat2 connections which i currently use for my sky box.

To my dissapointment im unable to recieve virgin media cable internet.And currently have BT adsl inet threw my phoneline.

Im wanting to buy a starview box however i dont actually know how they work and what type of souce it needs ei cable and sat dish or just sat dish or just cable inet

So what im asking is guys can i with a sat dish and adsl recieve starviews full potenial with flashing the box to the lastest firmware. Or if i am limited to what i can recieve what channels will i recieve.

Ive tryed to explain this best as possible im hoping someone can help and it would be greatly appricieted

i think you can get the dreambox that works off the sky dish, then somehow connect your adsl through ethernet to the box.

i might be wrong, leave it to the experts on here.

Back