You can't help some people...

ste

TK Veteran
I love helping people on here and spend a lot of my time doing so - freely as a lot of other people do but there's just some people who can't be helped for various reasons;

On some threads i've made loads of suggestions - try changing the splitter to the correct one needed etc. and they've come back "oh yeah tried that no difference" then eventually it turns out they haven't even tried what's been suggested - they've just completely brushed it aside in the vein hope that that it can be resolved with just a little tweak somewhere straight away.

I've seen lots of replies from people on here who've asked for help then said "no, that wont make any difference" etc. - why ask for help in the first place if you're not going to listen to suggestions.

Anyone else find this sometimes? laughable isn't it... annoying but laughable :grin:

Last edited:
I love helping people on here and spend a lot of my time doing so - freely as a lot of other people do but there's just some people who can't be helped for various reasons;

On some threads i've made loads of suggestions - try changing the splitter to the correct one needed etc. and they've come back "oh yeah tried that no difference" then eventually it turns out they haven't even tried what's been suggested - they've just completely brushed it aside in the vein hope that that it can be resolved with just a little tweak somewhere straight away.

I've seen lots of replies from people on here who've asked for help then then said "no, that wont make any difference" etc. - why ask for help in the first place if you're not going to listen to suggestions.

Anyone else find this sometimes? laughable isn't it... annoying but laughable :grin:
If it's any consolation I have had a few problems before.Went on some of these forums and before I can ask for help you've already answered them for me.So me like a few others on here can only say THANK YOU.

Been there and gave up lol

Hard to help people when they don't want to listen

I laugh at the ones that post a new thread and two mins later they are off the site

But I got in trouble for laughing at users

your not alone on this ste we have all been there at some point, members try to give something back in return for all the help they have received in the past only to be met with less than basic knowledge.. Once upon a time people came here to get a little help but mostly because they wanted to learn how to do things for themselves but now it appears most come with no knowledge what so ever & expect you to be mind readers or have a magic wand to wave that will cure all there issues (both box & personal). I feel a lot of this is cause by quick fix setups such as backups to get people going, the downside to this is not many hang around once they have their quick fix :(

Don't despair...even IF only 2 out of 10 appreciate the time & effort your input is valued, its not our fault If people only want quick fixes these days rather than knowledge & understanding!

Last edited:

I've seen lots of replies from people on here who've asked for help then then said "no, that wont make any difference" etc. - why ask for help in the first place if you're not going to listen to suggestions.

Wuss!
you're not up to the challenge! - I spent twelve hours the other week trying to help someone get a working line on their box only to discover they hadn't flashed a build on it, oh yes.

I spent twelve hours the other week trying to help someone get a working line on their box only to discover they hadn't flashed a build on it, oh yes.
lol pablo it took you 12 hrs to work that out...me thinks you mist a few vital questions...starting with 'is there a responsible adult around to help you' lol

they kept saying 'yep, done that' and 'can't see that in that menu' and such likes...not even sure they actually did any of the things I said...

Wuss!
you're not up to the challenge! - I spent twelve hours the other week trying to help someone get a working line on their box only to discover they hadn't flashed a build on it, oh yes.

Haha this actually doesn't surprise me :grin:

our goal is to offer friendly, accurate & helpful advice to anyone with more than 2 brain cells....admins goal is to remove those with less...fortunately they mist me so I slipped through the net :)

Team viewer, saves a lot of hassle and time :)

I only help with teamviewer at the last minute I'll rather spend a few hours with them doing it manually so they learn how to do it. Half of the time if you teamviewer them they don't learn so when it comes back to doing it again they are back asking the same question.

Reactions: ste
I only help with teamviewer at the last minute I'll rather spend a few hours with them doing it manually so they learn how to do it. Half of the time if you teamviewer them they don't learn so when it comes back to doing it again they are back asking the same question.
I'm with you on that point :-)
Not so sure about exchanging messages for 12 hours, team viewer would of kicked in after a few hours with me.

For what you's people do to help us less gifted should always be appreciated. Giving your time and knowledge, a little appreciatation does not cost nothing

Ste, I would help people out more but you're always in there first like a rat up a drainpipe lol. You do a better job anyway.

What bugs me is sometimes you don't even get a reply or thanks. Think we used to have a thanks button on the old site.

Yeah gotta agree with ste on this at the end of the day we here to help one n all to learn as much as possible and save loads of money and only takes a min to say a simple thank you i dont know a great deal about tech as im more of a mechanical n robotics person but i will contribute on things i know :(y):

Back