You can't help some people...

I’ve been out all day have i missed all the fun :grin::cool::grin:
Most of these new members just want free tv and they want it NOW
This is not a hobby to them as it has been for me for over 30 years
I think the thanks button needs to be reinstated as of before the forum changed
Guy like ste & the likes need a medal for there outstanding contribution to our great forum :):):)

P.S No Thanks - No Good :LOL:

I love helping people on here and spend a lot of my time doing so - freely as a lot of other people do but there's just some people who can't be helped for various reasons;

On some threads i've made loads of suggestions - try changing the splitter to the correct one needed etc. and they've come back "oh yeah tried that no difference" then eventually it turns out they haven't even tried what's been suggested - they've just completely brushed it aside in the vein hope that that it can be resolved with just a little tweak somewhere straight away.

I've seen lots of replies from people on here who've asked for help then said "no, that wont make any difference" etc. - why ask for help in the first place if you're not going to listen to suggestions.

Anyone else find this sometimes? laughable isn't it... annoying but laughable :grin:
I don't see point of people coming on here asking for help and advice of many of of us and just basically giving us the middle finger as they think they know best and say they've tried and not succeed in what they was trying to do even tho the same advice been given to many other people and worked for them get where your coming from 100% ste people should be grateful for every bit of advice given to them if not they just ought to struggle and deal with it there own way

There's only so much you can do with TeamViewer - you can't see their tv screen can you or can you?
You can use webif , if the box is strong enough it will be smooth else it will pull your hair (if you have any left due to this hobby lol)

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

I only help with teamviewer at the last minute I'll rather spend a few hours with them doing it manually so they learn how to do it. Half of the time if you teamviewer them they don't learn so when it comes back to doing it again they are back asking the same question.
The ones that like to learn they do learn even if you are using tm , the others are pretty much like pouring water on beach sand
I explained a lot of times manually and it only made me losing my mind over 0 progress ,but some people just amaze you , with just viewing what someone doing they catch a good bunch of informations

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
ye,
if it wasnt for people like @ste and @mike142 and @dave100 and many more
I would be living a peaceful blessed life, and watching channels 1-5 happily,
instead, I'm now lumbered with a 1m dish and absolutely no fkn idea where I'm gonna mount it,
the wife has made a couple of suggestion of where it should go :grimacing:
in all seriousness tho, much appreciation for all the hard work you guys do, :(y):

Well I come where with no knowledge of these boxes. All I knew was they all seemed too good to be true. So I went and bought a Openbox already set up from ebay as it was cheap. At the point I didn't know about the other boxes or VM and there wonderful HD! Knew a little about iptv but always knew it wasn't the best quality. But up on looking on YouTube about the open box for reviews and then Google about the box bought me here! And it is from this point I have learned how to set the zgemma box and written all advice down for a rainy day. At first when trying to understand something you know nothing about is like looking a puzzle.. Where do I start? What do I do first, question after question because I didn't understand the answer to the question because I didn't understand how the box worked. I will vouch for newbs, its not easy and the information you guys give is bloody amazing and without it and trusted support I'd probably be scratching my head now trying to work it all out. You guys have saved me £££ 2.5years and yes I miss sly but VM CS is now the center of our tv all because YOU guys made it possible and I'm so so grateful for the help I've received and the information gained.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Well said.
I think most of us were in the same boat at one time or another. I didn't know any of the terminology at first but after getting advice on here I would carry out a quick google search and read up what the terminology meant. There is a lot of people on here and other forums who when they get advice, and they don't understand it, they get frustrated and start replying as if its your fault they don't understand.
I appreciate that not everyone has the nouse to understand how things work and you have to babysit them through the process and to be fair some of the advice on her does this brilliantly but I do feel some people are lazy and think you should come to their house to set things up for them.
Anyway I have nothing but admiration for the good guys and girls on here who try and help everyone. Except pabloescaban sometimes corny jokes.;);)

best ones are where you keep repeating yourself until they eventually get off their arse and do what you've been telling them for 48 hours:

Help me, I can't get a picture

- have you checked the cables?

I've done everything and I'm missing emmerdale farm

- are all the cables nice and tight?

I need help, I wanna watch football and it starts soon, can no one help me?

- are the splitters / cables all in working order? - have you tested them?

I've done everything everyone's mentioned and I can't get a picture, it worked yesterday what's happening? - help plz

- it can only be a loose cable or splitter, has someone moved the box?

and so on for days on end until eventually....

I've just checked and the virgin cable wasn't plugged in, all sorted now, thanks all!

Sold a box to a bloke once upon a time and made the mistake of telling him I'd come out and help if he had any problems. Rang me up on a Friday night one time and asked me to make the half hour drive to his only to find out he'd caught the ethernet cable somehow and it wasn't plugged in...

Sold a box to a bloke once upon a time and made the mistake of telling him I'd come out and help if he had any problems. Rang me up on a Friday night one time and asked me to make the half hour drive to his only to find out he'd caught the ethernet cable somehow and it wasn't plugged in...

I'd have demanded fuel money and money for my time :grin:

I spent 3days via skype with a member [now redfaced and apologetic lol] trying to set up a sat/cable box for his mum.
Firstly you can't get sat unless you have a dish---it just doesn't work on a digital roof antenna lol
So we tried cable [meaning vm]---question to member---have you got cable into the house---answer/ yes m8, it's coming thru the lounge from outside.
So he connected the cable to the box and then the fun began.
He said the box was no good, his line was crap [bought here from a well respected guy]
Eventually I asked him to send me the box, which he did--I set it up and box plus line worked 100% so asked a few questions from the guy----result---no dish and the so-called cable was actually a junction cable from the digital antenna.
He apologised profusely--accepted but, he's stayed on the forum unlike others, he's learnt a hell of a lot and he's always around to help others.
So, I didn't waste my time in the long run--made a new friend and managed to teach a bit. But, the main point is---he said THANKS and that I appreciated.
Reaper.

Back