Zgemma 5.2tc program issue

steadman0

Zgemma 5.2tc program help
Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but I couldn't find anywhere better.

I have just set up a zgemma 5.2tc box for a friend and he is using cable. It works well and all of the channels are working fine, however I seem to be having a problem getting the +1 channels to work properly, I can't get any picture on itv +1. And the other +1 channels seem to freeze quite regularly and take about 30-60 seconds to show a picture when you switch to that side. It isn't anything wrong with the line as far as I can see as the other channels clear without problem with no freezing.

I have even tried doing a blind scan and tried every version of the channels and seem to get the same problems.

Anyone had this problem before? Any advice I can try would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Yes, i`m running a H5,2tc box, and i have this issue now & then, i think it is a server issue, but don't hold me to that one m8..

Are you using ABM? have you set your area correctly in config? have you got the cws keepalive line in your cam?

Are you using ABM? have you set your area correctly in config? have you got the cws keepalive line in your cam?

Yes I'm using ABM. I have set my network code correctly and even double checked that with a Google search. And I've also tried not using ABM, tried all of the versions of the channels that it gave and it seems to be the same on all of them. And yes keep alive is on.

It just seems strange that it is only the +1 channels. The main problem is itv +1 doesn't seem to work at all, they have free view built into their TV so they just switch to that if they need that channel but they can't record on free view and sometimes they have too many items recording at a time so have to have one on the plus one channel.

Some channels work on different frequencies - check any splitters in use and cables / connections.

There is 1 x 2-way splitter. The splitter and cables are all brand new. The channels get 89/90% signal but still no picture. They only have broadband but I don't think it is a signal power issue as the HD channels work fine and I have tried it with just the direct line from the wall to the box without the Internet plugged in while using mobile Internet and I still receive the same issue.

Not using cables like this are you?

RG59-f-coax.jpg

I think the signal may be just a bit to strong ive come across this on more than one occasion worth a try mate :(y):

The same connectors, with a
Not using cables like this are you?

RG59-f-coax.jpg
Similar cable, with an RF connecter on the other end that plugs into the box, I will be going to his is a little bit on my way home from work so can take a picture of the wires in use.

If virgin is your ISP you could post your downstream levels from the hub

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Power levels are ok (as long as they don't drop below -6) but the db RxMER strength is low - should ideally be 37... if it drops below 35 which it has been, then this is where it will affect the picture.

Back