ZGemma glitching on certain channels

Kwood

I've got a reliable provider and have the box connected to the proper VM cable that my TiVo box was previously connected too, so signal is good. Nearly all channels are glitch free but there are some that are not, an example being one of the HD Sly channels. I've noticed the glitching only occurs on the channels that have 122MHz listed in the info part of the channel. The ones that don't glitch are on 500MHz and above. Is this a weak signal just for some specific channels or something else?

That thread is for the box glitching on all of the channels, this box is only glitching on certain ones with the low MHz. The rest are very clear and no glitching whatsoever, any help would be appreciated.

pdobs week tuner or splitter

Not using a splitter, its plugged straight into the box, unless there is one that virgin installs?

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 PM ----------

As for the tuner, would it not make all the channels glitch if it was weak? Or can it only make a few glitch if its weak?

That thread is for the box glitching on all of the channels, this box is only glitching on certain ones with the low MHz. The rest are very clear and no glitching whatsoever, any help would be appreciated.

No - not all channels - most ppl experience glitching only on certain channels - and usually HD channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zgemma's have weak tuners for cable TV, try another receiver and you will find this out.

Yes - try the forward path attenuator - as they are cheap - if that fails then an amplifier will sort your problems out.

I would try a 10db one but really depends on how strong a signal you are getting in the first place. If you VM broadband you can login to your router and check the signal power level in advanced settings.

Tuner's in the zgemma's for cable are not as sensitive as some properties require, as you already know your tuner is struggling with the 122mhz range of channels, Edison mini has very sensitive tuners in them and are reasonably priced and should (will) sort your issue out. As advised above make sure your splitters, cables and adapter is good quality and nice and tight and secure

Try a 10db forward path attenuator and if that don't fix it the solution will be get an amp or change boxes to an Edison.

Back