Zgemma H2S help needed

Lyns

Hi,

Had a look around the other threads but can't seem to find my problems!

Got the zgemma with a line. Having a couple of issues:

1) when I try to do a software update it's saying 'there has been an error try again later'. I did see this issue on another thread, advising to install a different software (I have VIX). Can someone tell me how to do this, and if there is a chance I would mess the box up by doing it?

2) auto timer isn't working- I've followed a few guides on it, removing description needed, ensuring specific day isn't set etc. A message pops up saying '0 matches found..0evebts found etc' I'm trying to use an external hard drive.

3) I seem to have an older version of the skin. I have seen where to get a new skin, but again I'm worried about messing up the box. I have seen a point to back up the line- anyone tell me how to do this?

Sorry for the long post & thanks for reading!

look for wooshbuild which is a build of open atv and put that on your box...theres a guide on here to set it up, I think the latest version is version 5 wooshbuild
make sure you have your line backed up

you would need to get the filezilla programme and put it on your pc, then log into your box using it by inputting your box ip , user would be root and password is usually left blank and port is 21
you can then go to the usr/keys folder on your box and look for the newcamd.list file and that will hold your line details, or it can also be in etc folder and the line details will be in cccam.cfg file

you would need to get the filezilla programme and put it on your pc, then log into your box using it by inputting your box ip , user would be root and password is usually left blank and port is 21
you can then go to the usr/keys folder on your box and look for the newcamd.list file and that will hold your line details, or it can also be in etc folder and the line details will be in cccam.cfg file

Ok great I will try that tomorrow!

Got to the point of putting everything onto my USB & plugging it into the zgemma but the FLSH isn't showing?

I hadn't and then realised that I needed to do it so started process all over again. So I formatted it & then put the required files in.

No sorry should have stated that! It still didn't work, I tried front & back port & tried restarting box with USB in. Box just turns on as normal

Will do, just thinking now, second time I tried I don't think I unzipped the file so hopefully that's it

No still not working, should the box turn on as normal & then go to FLSH or should it go from being turned on straight to FLSH?

The box will show boot and then flsh straight away if the zgemma folder has been loaded correctly on the usb stick.Also there is an issue as to which sticks work with zgemma.Kingston.Sandisk,Toshiba and Integral have been known to work fine but some unbranded ones don't work

Hi lyns, make sure you have the rite download from the site wooshbuid v5 zgemma H2.S download, now plug the usb 16 gig or more into the pc or laptop windows rite click on name of the usb stick small side box you should see format option click it, you get pop up box press start for to format the usb all done. after the download of the wooshbuild v5 the file is zipped so un_zip it to desktop or my downloads, now the folder zgemma place it onto the usb stick that you just formatted now safe remove the usb from pc.

power off the h2.s / plugin the usb back usb port of the zgemma & power up it should show " F L A SH " ..99 % 100 % .

very straightforward next steps.

Thanks for such a detailed response, I have done all of that & still just turning in as normal. I've returned the box to where I got it as it was sold to me under the impression that the latest software was on it. Going to buy one with wooshbuild already installed.

Thanks everyone for the help anyway!

I'm having trouble flashing my zgemma h2h with wooshbuild v5, when its flashing it comes up with error root fs wont boot and then it just reboots to the start again.
what am I doing wrong
thanks

Hi James i had the same problem, the box would show usb, not flash, but after searching the forum, when it shows usb press the power button on the box and it shows flsh, then flashes the box, works everytime for me, hope it may help you.

Back