Zgemma H2s keeps crashing

readychef

Hi Lads ... Sorry if this is already covered....
I have a Zgemma H2s receiver using Wooshbuild V6. Everything has been working perfect until last night. The receiver keeps on crashing and restarting every half hour or so. It starts reloading at 50% ?? Ive checked the cacheflush and its 43.02% used and 56.98% free... Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks lads.....

Rather than fiddling around with your box for hours, I would recommend reflashing. Go into plugins - WB Config - back up timers (if you have planned recordings) - Reflash Woosh.

Once reflashed, go back onto WB Config plugin - restore timers. Done!

I personally wouldn't back up your settings on WB Config just incase the cause of your box crashing is something to do with what you may have previously done.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Chris..... Ill give it a shot....
I have no recordings so just a straight forward reflash cheers again mate .....

Hi - My Zgemma keeps crashing like yours above - every 10 mins or so?
I have been using whoosh build V5 and it has been absolutely brilliant ( thanks boys ) up until now. Problems started yesterday afternoon.
Tried reflashing but no change - I also have an IPTV subscription using the xtream plugin

Any advice most welcome- Thanks

What image/build have you reflashed your box with? I would suggest trying to reflash again but perhaps try downloading a different build.

Other than installing the xtream plugin, are you changing anything in the sub-menus?

I'm having crashing issues on wb6 all I did was installed epgimporter and now it crashes sometimes when charging channels not sure why

What image/build have you reflashed your box with? I would suggest trying to reflash again but perhaps try downloading a different build.

Other than installing the xtream plugin, are you changing anything in the sub-menus?

I have wb v5.003 running - and the issue is still present prior to installing Xtream.
I setup a new USB hard drive last week - I did have issues getting the live pause to work initially but there were no issues for several days after install.
I have changed nothing else in the sub menus......
When you say download another build do you mean other that WB??

Last edited:
I have wb v5.003 running - and the issue is still present prior to installing Xtream.
I setup a new USB hard drive last week - I did have issues getting the live pause to work initially but there were no issues for several days after install.
I have changed nothing else in the sub menus......
When you say download another build do you mean other that WB??
I would suggest installing a different build such as VIX or ipab and see if that works. Alternatively, I would opt for the latest version of Wooshbuild (v6) if you are only familiar with WB.

From the sound of things, your problem seems to be with your usb. What make is it? The fact that you were initially having problems with the live pause facility would suggest that the usb is not fully working with your box. I am 99.9% certain that your iptv sub and/or the xtreamtv plugin have nothing to do with your box crashing, and that it is your usb.

Just a few checks:
(1) is the usb is FAT32 format?
(2) MENU / SETUP / EPG / SETTINGS : is your location showing /media/hdd?
(3) then go to MENU / SETUP / RECORDINGS & TIMESHIFT / RECORDING SETTINGS on your box. Does it say 'Default movie location': /media/hdd/movie/?
(4) then do the same as (3) above but this time check your Timeshift settings ('timeshift location': /media/hdd/timeshift/)
If your location is different to /media/hdd/timeshift, then this will be the reason for your pause problems. If the default locations are the correct paths, then your hardware (usb) is the issue.

In which case, remove your usb from the back of your box; place in your PC, reformat to FAT32. Then safely remove from your PC, stick in the back of your box, and then firstly re-initialise your usb before re-mounting it. If you need instructions on this, let me know.

Just a reminder, prior to you re-formatting your usb, if you have recorded anything on your usb and don't want to lose those recordings, I would recommend you ftp/transfer your recordings from your usb to your PC (using Filezilla) but it may take a while depending on how many recordings you have. You will have to transfer them back after your usb has been reformatted and initialised & mounted. Also, if you have any auto-timers, I would recommend going onto WB Config first (through plugins) and back up your timers (but not your settings). Once again, you can bring them back later through WB Config. Remember though, WB Config will only work if you choose to stick with Wooshbuild.

Personally though, I would try the usb route first prior to reflashing your box. If possible, consider a different USB also. You could have a dodgy usb.

hello woosh v6 and tried reflashing with vix formatted usb every time with fat 32 usb is sandisk 16 gb until xtream v6 everything was great then started crashing every 15 mins or so but once removed usb everthing worked again tried different usb as well

I would suggest installing a different build such as VIX or ipab and see if that works. Alternatively, I would opt for the latest version of Wooshbuild (v6) if you are only familiar with WB.

From the sound of things, your problem seems to be with your usb. What make is it? The fact that you were initially having problems with the live pause facility would suggest that the usb is not fully working with your box. I am 99.9% certain that your iptv sub and/or the xtreamtv plugin have nothing to do with your box crashing, and that it is your usb.

Just a few checks:
(1) is the usb is FAT32 format?
(2) MENU / SETUP / EPG / SETTINGS : is your location showing /media/hdd?
(3) then go to MENU / SETUP / RECORDINGS & TIMESHIFT / RECORDING SETTINGS on your box. Does it say 'Default movie location': /media/hdd/movie/?
(4) then do the same as (3) above but this time check your Timeshift settings ('timeshift location': /media/hdd/timeshift/)
If your location is different to /media/hdd/timeshift, then this will be the reason for your pause problems. If the default locations are the correct paths, then your hardware (usb) is the issue.

In which case, remove your usb from the back of your box; place in your PC, reformat to FAT32. Then safely remove from your PC, stick in the back of your box, and then firstly re-initialise your usb before re-mounting it. If you need instructions on this, let me know.

Just a reminder, prior to you re-formatting your usb, if you have recorded anything on your usb and don't want to lose those recordings, I would recommend you ftp/transfer your recordings from your usb to your PC (using Filezilla) but it may take a while depending on how many recordings you have. You will have to transfer them back after your usb has been reformatted and initialised & mounted. Also, if you have any auto-timers, I would recommend going onto WB Config first (through plugins) and back up your timers (but not your settings). Once again, you can bring them back later through WB Config. Remember though, WB Config will only work if you choose to stick with Wooshbuild.

Personally though, I would try the usb route first prior to reflashing your box. If possible, consider a different USB also. You could have a dodgy usb.

Thanks for that reply!!
I seem to have resolved my crashing problem - for now at least.
All I did was a cacheflush and switched off the whooshbuild auto update - though my feeling was that it my be something to do with the cache flush rather than the WB update.

The hard drive settings were as you say Chris and it is a Transend 1TB non powered hard drive - the powered hard drive I did have previously was giving me issues perhaps not enough power to drive it through the Star 2S zgemma box??? All good for now though

Have the same problem of box crashing when on xtream tv it's ok on free to air
i was going to reflash box with wooshbuild but dont want to lose iptv sub can anyone
tell me how to back it up before trying reflash.
Regards

Edit: its zgemma H2S running ipab image

Last edited:
Back