Zgemma H2S nline setup driving me insane!!!

gimpboy69

This is driving me up the wall, please help.
I have a working Skybox F3, all channels working, very reliable gift, been with him for 3yrs.
It's setup with an nline (n: *****etc) supplied as a text line that I had to add manually via remote.
It's on cccam in the menu options.
I assigned a static ip address to stop any possible conflicts on my network.

I decided to upgrade to a H2S, better picture, EPG, and just because I wanted too!
I only have a single coax cable in tuner a so I know I can't do timeshift stuff.
I just CAN'T get the channels to unscramble on my H2S.
I've installed sucmn and woosh builds using the guides here and LOADS of youtube vids I don't know how many times.
I've tried copying the line info via filezilla and D C Centre.
I've tried cccam and mgcam (all versions of both cams, 1.38, 1.35 etc.)
I've used the line creator to generate the newcamd for mgcam.
I've used the auto generated .cfg file for cccam.
I've manually entered the line details using the dream explorer.
I've probably followed every f*ckin' piece of advice on this site and it still won't work.... I'm on the verge of jumping up and down on the box except the wife would love that....
I've set the regions correctly and followed all the other options guides EXACTLY.
I've turned the cams on and off, restarted, autostarted, bleedin' neverstarted.....
I feel like crying it's winding me up that much...

PLEASE can anybody think of something?

Does my gift suppliers server area affect the region choices of my box?

Will setting a the same static IP on my zgemma make a difference to my gift suppliers server as it's been auto assigned a different ip address than my F3.

HEEELLLPPP!!!!

This is driving me up the wall, please help.
I have a working Skybox F3, all channels working, very reliable gift, been with him for 3yrs.
It's setup with an nline (n: *****etc) supplied as a text line that I had to add manually via remote.
It's on cccam in the menu options.
I assigned a static ip address to stop any possible conflicts on my network.

I decided to upgrade to a H2S, better picture, EPG, and just because I wanted too!
I only have a single coax cable in tuner a so I know I can't do timeshift stuff.
I just CAN'T get the channels to unscramble on my H2S.
I've installed sucmn and woosh builds using the guides here and LOADS of youtube vids I don't know how many times.
I've tried copying the line info via filezilla and D C Centre.
I've tried cccam and mgcam (all versions of both cams, 1.38, 1.35 etc.)
I've used the line creator to generate the newcamd for mgcam.
I've used the auto generated .cfg file for cccam.
I've manually entered the line details using the dream explorer.
I've probably followed every f*ckin' piece of advice on this site and it still won't work.... I'm on the verge of jumping up and down on the box except the wife would love that....
I've set the regions correctly and followed all the other options guides EXACTLY.
I've turned the cams on and off, restarted, autostarted, bleedin' neverstarted.....
I feel like crying it's winding me up that much...

PLEASE can anybody think of something?

Does my gift suppliers server area affect the region choices of my box?

Will setting a the same static IP on my zgemma make a difference to my gift suppliers server as it's been auto assigned a different ip address than my F3.

HEEELLLPPP!!!!

and the line that starts N: you have changed to CWS = line?

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Yep, I've tried starting the line it with CWS = and even one of the examples supplied here with the CWS_KEEP..... bit at the beginning.
How important is the mg_cfg?
If I ftp one of the (many) examples I have downloaded here with an included newcamd file, should I edit my details BEFORE I ftp it over, or edit it AFTER ftp-ing it through filezilla and right clicking?
I've probably already done this though but I can't remember, it's just a big blur of attempts now....
One question that someone might be able to answer would be a GREAT help.
If I start it with CWS = what folders does it go in? and which cam? and does it have to have the CWS_KEEP....... bit at the beginning?
If I start it with N: what folders does it go in? and which cam?
If I start it with C: what folders does it go in? and which cam?
If some king person could upload an example file for each type with idiot proof instructions which folder they go into and also explaining if they need editing before or after ftp-ing that would be brilliant.
I would use these instructions to help the many other people having the same problems in future requests for help on these forums.
I know there are plenty of post explaining these procedures but they are sometimes a bit vague and even contradictory.
How important is the mg_cfg file I've seen in some of the file downloads people have uploaded to help people with my issue.
I saw a posting today mentioning copying files to the var/keys folder??? that's a new one for me.
It's just SOOOOO confusing......
Cheers lads (and lassy's?)

You need the mg_cfg if using Mgcamd.

The Newcamd.list file and the mg_cfg file both go to /usr/keys if youre using wooshbuild/OpenAtv.

CWS = XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

The should be the only line of text in the Newcamd.list file. Obviousy change the XXXX with your line details.

Mgcamd is the cam for Lines with CWS.

Last questions till I have another go, thanks chaps!

I'm sorry guys but when I use Willos line creator tool it gives me an CCcam.cfg file, is this the one I can import from a usb stick via the tools menu thingamagig in Woosh?
If not which folder(s) do I ftp it to and do I use mgcamd_138r1 as per Willos PDF guide?
I'll ignore the mg_cfg file for now....

And finally, what standard version (if any) of OpenAtv do you recommend or should I keep plugging away with Woosh and sucmn?
Thanks for your patience guys its REALLY appreciated, the more I learn the less stupid numpty questions I'll ask, honestly!

In /usr/keys/:
CCcam = CCcam.cfg for a C line or an N line with N: prefix

Mgcamd = newcamd.list & mg_cfg for and N line CWS prefix

Sorry Garyth, I wasn't ignoring you.
Yep, I tried using CWS with my details both manually and with Willos line creator, and with CWS_KEEPALIVE and without.
No joy whatever I do.
As per my last post, I'm going to try a fresh install of Woosh, a Willo generated cccam file and an ftp of that file, select mgcamd1.38, start it then get ready to cry :whacko:

I'll let you know how I get on.

It's Sinkers Line Creator, I just put it in my little bag of tricks to help people out.
Try a test line. If the line isn't working you're just banging your head against a wall.

hi mickzer, yep, its disabled, waaaahhhhh!
I think I'll follow Willos advice and try a 24hr test line.

---------- Post Merged at 09:55 PM ----------

Sorry (again)
But I might have found a problem!
My box is on Channel 106
I press portal>cccam info>servers
it shows my gift network details but the button to the left is red, is that correct?
should it be green?
cheers

Erm.... how do I go about getting a 24hr test line?
thanks again

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Your advice was perfect.
I should have got a test line to start with!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing......
Thanks again everyone who offered advice.
If I see anyone else having the same sort of problems, I'll offer them some sage advice from personal experience!

Cheers guys!

Back