Zgemma h2s stuck on boot even afte reflashing

danlou

I think I may have a dead box as my zgemma h2s is stuck on boot.
I have reflashed with both wooshbuild and ipab but the box doesn't go beyond boot.

Anyone have any other ideas what is happening or that can be done.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's a Kingston 4gb stick .

I have just successfully flashed another box with same pen so it must be something to do with receiver.
:(

2 things to try,Seen it many times,Low level format the usb using hddguru and then format fat 32,Also flash a bootloader before main flash

2 things to try,Seen it many times,Low level format the usb using hddguru and then format fat 32,Also flash a bootloader before main flash
Ok will try that. I also use hpusb but also stumped as to why other boxes flash with same stick...
Will report back...

Well it certainly seems to be hardware fault with the zgemma box.
Usb stick is not at fault as used in other receivers successfully.
I also flashed boot loader which worked updated but then when powered cycle gets stuck on boot.
Even tried a different power supply.
No joy.

So if anyone wants a faulty h2s make me an offer :)

I also flashed boot loader which worked updated but then when powered cycle gets stuck on boot.
No joy.

Hi.. Have seen this happen many times before flashing with a Kingston stick and some boxes take them and some just refuse them, I always advise a sandisk flash drive to work with any box, try one and report back...

Hi.. Have seen this happen many times before flashing with a Kingston stick and some boxes take them and some just refuse them, I always advise a sandisk flash drive to work with any box, try one and report back...
I have tried 3 separate sticks including SanDisk and still issue. :(

No joy.

Where did you get the bootloader bin?
Are you sure it was the H3 version?
Did the display change to "UPDT" for about 2 seconds, while flashing it ?
Is the box getting past boot now and just ignoring your USB stick or just stuck at "Boot"?

It is NEVER a good idea to flash a bootloader unless absolutely necessary and if your display is showing "Boot" the bootloader has already been loaded. The danger is in flashing an incorrect version (unlikely, but not impossible) and/or flashing a corrupt bin file ( a lot easier).

Where did you get the bootloader bin?
Are you sure it was the H3 version?
Did the display change to "UPDT" for about 2 seconds, while flashing it ?
Is the box getting past boot now and just ignoring your USB stick or just stuck at "Boot"?

It is NEVER a good idea to flash a bootloader unless absolutely necessary and if your display is showing "Boot" the bootloader has already been loaded. The danger is in flashing an incorrect version (unlikely, but not impossible) and/or flashing a corrupt bin file ( a lot easier).
I got it from one of the threads in tech kings, yes it was h3 version.

The box flashes the image and/or boot loader but when it recycles to boot it remains on exactly that...

I got it from one of the threads in tech kings, yes it was h3 version.

The box flashes the image and/or boot loader but when it recycles to boot it remains on exactly that...

How do you know it is flashing the image ?

I’m getting exactly the same thing from a box I got yesterday.
Using same usb as I always have and same flash I have been using.

Normally you flash the bootloader and it will say flash on the front after and then flash image and press front power button

Normally you flash the bootloader and it will say flash on the front after and then flash image and press front power button
I strongly disagree, the bootloader is NOT part of a normal flash ie. image/build etc.( it isn't even present in the image) but can only be flashed on its own and while been read and then written to NVRam the display shows "UPDT" whilst the normal flash the display show "FLSH" and is a much longer process. Two totally different and independent processes.

Back