Zgemma h2s stuck on boot even afte reflashing

I strongly disagree, the bootloader is NOT part of a normal flash ie. image/build etc.( it isn't even present in the image) but can only be flashed on its own and while been read and then written to NVRam the display shows "UPDT" whilst the normal flash the display show "FLSH" and is a much longer process. Two totally different and independent processes.
Which is what i have said,Flash the bootloader and then flash the main firmware,Setup up thousands of boxes over the years of all makes

Yeah I’ve never had to press power button after flash has gone off. I’ve tried 3 firmwares with 3differnt USBs. I’ve contacted the seller because obviously something wrong with it happening to two different Boxs on same day

Sounds like a clone,Been a batch of these sold in the last few months,Guys posting on various forums about boxes getting bricked

It happens to me I flashed with the wrong image. I just swapped box for s differant 1 with the seller and flashed with the correct image.

I don't think it a clone as I previously flashed without issues until this one.

The only way I can tell it's flashed successfully is because I get the FLSH message on LCD display and then it reboots. Upon reboot I am in this stall situation...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think it a clone as I previously flashed without issues until this one.

The only way I can tell it's flashed successfully is because I get the FLSH message on LCD display and then it reboots. Upon reboot I am in this stall situation...

Ok, just try this..........
Assuming it takes at least about 30 secs or so to "FLSH" the image, as soon as it goes to reboot remove the USB stick and see what happens.
Any less than 30 secs or so, I'm working from memory remember, so don't quote me on this, then a full image has not been flashed.
Remember it is practically impossible to fully "brick" these boxes from using a USB device to flash, unless a wrong bootloader has been employed. Hence my advice to never even attempt to flash it, as, in the normal course of events, it is definitely not required.

If your box is displaying "Boot" and then "FLSH" it is NOT bricked.

PS: I'm assuming you have no other USB device attached while flashing ?

Last edited:
Ok, just try this..........
Assuming it takes at least about 30 secs or so to "FLSH" the image, as soon as it goes to reboot remove the USB stick and see what happens.
Any less than 30 secs or so, I'm working from memory remember, so don't quote me on this, then a full image has not been flashed.
Remember it is practically impossible to fully "brick" these boxes from using a USB device to flash, unless a wrong bootloader has been employed. Hence my advice to never even attempt to flash it, as it, in the normal course of events, does not require it.

If your box is displaying "Boot" and then "FLSH" it is NOT bricked.
Ok will try tomorrow but FLSH takes at least 2 mins but will try it, got noth9ng else to lose. :)

Which is what i have said,Flash the bootloader and then flash the main firmware,Setup up thousands of boxes over the years of all makes

That is definitely not what you to have said :-

Normally you flash the bootloader and it will say flash on the front after and then flash image and press front power button

I strongly disagree, the bootloader is NOT part of a normal flash ie. image/build etc.( it isn't even present in the image) but can only be flashed on its own and while been read and then written to NVRam the display shows "UPDT" whilst the normal flash the display show "FLSH" and is a much longer process. Two totally different and independent processes.

BIG BIG difference between "FLSH" and "UPDT"(underlined above), don't you think ?
Plus you definitely do NOT "normally" flash the bootloader at all, this actually can turn out to be a method of "bricking" a box.
Why you are advocating a flash of the bootloader when the OPs box is displaying "boot" is highly questionable.

Last edited:

BIG BIG difference between "FLSH" and "UPDT"(underlined above), don't you think ?
Plus you definitely do NOT "normally" flash the bootloader at all, this actually can turn out to be a method of "bricking" a box.
Why you are advocating a flash of the bootloader when the OPs box is displaying "boot" is highly questionable.
You are not correct young fella and its quite easy to brick a box via usb method

A man has got to know his limitations and i suggest you have reached your limitations young man

You are not correct young fella and its quite easy to brick a box via usb method

Which is EXACTLY what I have been saying all along, if you go to flash the bootloader, when it is NOT necessary. What happens if the user has a bad flash or a corrupt bin file ?? The box is "Bricked", or at least it is, to the vast majority of users, unless they have access to the CFE_ZSH1_WinbondW25Q32BV driver and (often, but not always needed) the Bcm97358.msi, which is not easily acquired, plus the know how to Jtag the chip. I have explained why NOT to attempt this flash but you have not once said why you advise it.

A man has got to know his limitations and i suggest you have reached your limitations young man

You DO NOT know me, or know anything about me, zilch, naught, nix, nothing.........do I make myself clear?
I have NEVER felt the need to personalise any of my posts making condescending comments with inherent derogation and I am somewhat perplexed as to why you find it necessary to do so.

hi. flashed a different software but still the same, getting the picture but no sound. and still says boot on front pannel. tried another zgemma box with same cable set up and no problem. do you think box is finished. is there any way i can recover. thank you so far for all the help.

If the other box is a h2s same as yours what I would do is make a backup of the working box and stick that into yours and that should flash.
But then you will have to replace his line and IPTV with your own .
If you need help with the backup give a shout out.

my box is cable the other one is sly sat, the box does flash but no volume and stays on boot on screen.

Back