Zgemma h2s to DVD Recorder

7omly

I've just dumped Sky and got myself a Zgemma H2s box with a 1tb HDD and I'm very happy with it. It was possible to record from my sky box to my Panasonic DVD Recorder. Is it possible to do this from the Zgemma H2s or does the fact that the Zgemma records to it's own HDD prevent this. I'd be grateful for any help I can get. Thanks in advance and all the best.

You would have to play the recording and use the composite audio and video out I think that would work Its a while since I had a zgemma

It was possible to record from my sky box to my Panasonic DVD Recorder

If you record on the zgemma you could just rename the recording from .ts to .mpg and play it on another player or convert it to dvd on your PC.

Thanks very much for the prompt replies. Thanks gibbletts, am I right in assuming I'll need to connect my Zgemma to the Panasonic via the composite cables. If this sounds daft it's because I'm new to all this having just put up with Sky for a couple of decades. Thanks Willo3092, I'll bear that in mind if I can't follow gibbletts advice. Thanks again and all the best.

Well....I've connected the ZGemma to the Panasonic DVD Recorder and I can't seem to even get a picture on the screen. If anyone can offer any help I'd be grateful. The wife is getting to me over dumping Sky and I need to convince her it wasn't a mistake. Happy Christmas to all.

I'm struggling to understand why you need to connect it to a DVD recorder? You can just copy the recordings to a USB stick and plug it into most TV's or media players and just play from that.

At the moment my recordings are on the external HDD and I'd like to burn some of them onto a DVD so my granddaughter can watch them on a portable DVD player in the car.

Aah, I see. I thought they were making a comeback!
How are you connecting it? I think you may need to alter the AV settings on the ZG if you're using composite cables.

At the moment my recordings are on the external HDD and I'd like to burn some of them onto a DVD so my granddaughter can watch them on a portable DVD player in the car.

Put them on your computer through filezilla, think you may need to convert them to mp4 first (don't quote me on that) but that can be done easily enough. Saves pissing about.

Back