Zgemma H5 2TC shows black screen

Hi all

I hope I'm in the correct forum (absolute novice here), we have Zgemma H5 2TC bought in June this year all has been fine but this morning only ITV BBC etc. are working screen is just black on others, we tried to start the softcam ( as described in another post on this site but that didn't work).
We did a backup when we first got the box , but we don't have a clue how to restore it, is there a very easy to follow set of instructions for this , and do you think this will solve the problem?
I have emailed the seller but as it is 5 months since we bought it I don't suppose he be in a hurry to advise me. Any help greatly appreciated.............. two novice pensioners

Hi all

I hope I'm in the correct forum (absolute novice here), we have Zgemma H5 2TC bought in June this year all has been fine but this morning only ITV BBC etc. are working screen is just black on others, we tried to start the softcam ( as described in another post on this site but that didn't work).
We did a backup when we first got the box , but we don't have a clue how to restore it, is there a very easy to follow set of instructions for this , and do you think this will solve the problem?
I have emailed the seller but as it is 5 months since we bought it I don't suppose he be in a hurry to advise me. Any help greatly appreciated.............. two novice pensioners

are you sure the internet and VM cables are both securely connected to the box?

has anyone moved a splitter or have any vm cables been damaged internally or externally?

have you tried a different LAN cable from router to box to rule a duff cable out?

if your bbc and itv are work and the paid are not and agent isnt replying, i would just get a new line of the forum

Thanks all,
You said
are you sure the internet and VM cables are both securely connected to the box? Checked them all ............all fine

has anyone moved a splitter or have any vm cables been damaged internally or externally? .........No one moved anything as far as we can see all cables are good

have you tried a different LAN cable from router to box to rule a duff cable out?............... We do not have a spare cable but Cloudeyepeetv works also (just discovered that )so cable must be Okay (that right?)

We just noticed VM is missing from list of providers all there is are BSKYB, FREESAT,H, and UNKOWN.

If we got a new line from here is it easy to activate?

Sorry to be so clueless but we really really are.

garyth
How do I find out how to use the programme? I have it on my PC but have never used it.
Can the line not be entered directly on the Zgemma box

I have my line details how do I enter them? to see if that is the answer

if it begins with C or N it goes into CCcam.cfg, if it begins with CWS it goes into newcamd.list

1) you'll need filezilla, download it from: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

2) next you'll need the zgemma's ip address, so on remote, press menu>information> network, write ip addy down

3) open filezilla and type in the zgemma ip address in 'host'

4) type root in username and click 'quick connect'

you'll see zgemmas folders open on right hand side

5)ok, on the right hand side, scroll down until you see a folder called usr
double click it to open it

6) find a folder called keys, double click to open it, if there's a file in there called
CCcam.cfg open with right click>view and edit and paste in your C or N line
obviously if you use a CWS line, it will go in newcamd.list

Another way is to manually put your line via remote control
If you have the dream explorer plug-in press ok on remote , scroll down then press ok on usr , scroll down then press ok on keys , go to CCcam.cfg and press ok , your line should be there if not you can edit with your remote then save . Remember to type in exactly what your line is caps, spaces etc .

if it begins with C or N it goes into CCcam.cfg, if it begins with CWS it goes into newcamd.list

1) you'll need filezilla, download it from: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

2) next you'll need the zgemma's ip address, so on remote, press menu>information> network, write ip addy down

6) find a folder called keys, double click to open it, if there's a file in there called

When I get to step six I'm asked "Which programme do I want to use to open file" Default editor for text files or Custom programme. can I just say the problem has been resolved but thought I would ask for future reference.

to view.edit the files, choose notepad

also if neither file is in there, CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list, you can easily make these on your pc or laptop first by creating a new notepad file, pasting in the line details, then click save as> all files

name the file CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list - this will save them with the correct extension - not a .txt extension

drag these into usr/keys

Back