Zgemma h5.2tc

Maldin

Hi I’m new on this I just ordered a zgemma h5.2tc , I got my dish from sky with 2 lines to LNB I don’t know how to set it up now I been watching videos on YouTube but what’s the best solution? Pay for a iptv subscription or use a ccam how it works any help will be appreciated thank you !!

ccam is on its way out (not many channels) , sport/movies gone, IPTV is the way forward , I believe

Hi I’m new on this I just ordered a zgemma h5.2tc , I got my dish from sky with 2 lines to LNB I don’t know how to set it up now I been watching videos on YouTube but what’s the best solution? Pay for a iptv subscription or use a ccam how it works any help will be appreciated thank you !!

If you have a virgin cable coming into the house, use that as all the channels are still available apart from eight HD ones.
On Sat, there's no sky movies or sky sport but still about 100 channels that do work, BT Sports amongst them

If you have a virgin cable coming into the house, use that as all the channels are still available apart from eight HD ones.
On Sat, there's no sky movies or sky sport but still about 100 channels that do work, BT Sports amongst them
Can’t
virgin doesn’t come here mate I got only the sky line with the dish so I’m a bit confused now really is iptv the best option , or the sky dish but anyway I do need a subscription for any of them right ? I’m new to all this lol

ccam is on its way out (not many channels) , sport/movies gone, IPTV is the way forward , I believe
Will I be able to record though as I paid for a hdd 500gb

Last edited by a moderator:
Also noticed you say 2 feeds from LNB hopefully this isn't one of the new setups from Sky otherwise you'll need to change the LNB to a universal one.

H5.2TC box has twin cable tuners so you wont be able to make use of the twin sat feeds, only 1 sat feed will go into the box. so IMO your best option is FTA with IPTV.

Also noticed you say 2 feeds from LNB hopefully this isn't one of the new setups from Sky otherwise you'll need to change the LNB to a universal one.
No mate is the old one sky + not the sky q but what’s the best option though ?

if you go down the iptv route, your provider will tell you whether it's recordable or not, but even if it is, it's often hit and miss as to whether iptv records correctly or not.
If you take a sat line (you can run sat, cable and iptv on that box at the same time) then this will be recordable

whichever you decide to use, a sub will be required, for iptv, take as many tests as you can, you may need to test 20 or 30 servers before you find a good one, but you may find one you're happy with in the first few - it's a lottery.
when you find one, take a one month sub at first, then after a few of those, take a 3 or 6 month sub, never pay for anything until you've tested it for at least 24 hours first.
With a sat line, you'll take a 6 or 12 month sub, these are cheap as chips

if you go down the iptv route, your provider will tell you whether it's recordable or not, but even if it is, it's often hit and miss as to whether iptv records correctly or not.
If you take a sat line (you can run sat, cable and iptv on that box at the same time) then this will be recordable

whichever you decide to use, a sub will be required, for iptv, take as many tests as you can, you may need to test 20 or 30 servers before you find a good one, but you may find one you're happy with in the first few - it's a lottery.
when you find one, take a one month sub at first, then after a few of those, take a 3 or 6 month sub, never pay for anything until you've tested it for at least 24 hours first.
With a sat line, you'll take a 6 or 12 month sub, these are cheap as chips
Thank you , here is the thing though I got a old sky dish installed with 2 lines coming on my old sky box will that dish do the job or do I need a new one ?

the dish should be ok but you only need one of the lines, this is if you take a sat sub.
You don't need a dish for iptv, just an internet connection and a lot of patience

the dish should be ok but you only need one of the lines, this is if you take a sat sub.
You don't need a dish for iptv, just an internet connection and a lot of patience
Well I guess I’ll try the dish way first as I’d just spent 60 £ on a external hdd just to record

If you haven't Virgin in the house, you have bought the wrong box - you bought a box with two cable tuners and one satellite tuner.
If you wanted to watch one sat channel and record another, you need a box with 2 sat tuners (H2S, for instance) this box can also deal with IPTV.
For me, It is a matter of returning the box you bought and getting a different one.

If you haven't Virgin in the house, you have bought the wrong box - you bought a box with two cable tuners and one satellite tuner.
If you wanted to watch one sat channel and record another, you need a box with 2 sat tuners (H2S, for instance) this box can also deal with IPTV.
For me, It is a matter of returning the box you bought and getting a different one.
Will that still work though with sky dish see I didn’t know all that :(

you cant - as wheelo states you have incorrect box if you want dual sat feed, should have got the h5.2s

Dont worry its an easy mistake to make beacause there are so many different variations of boxes nowadays etc if unsure about anything all you have to do is ask ok or have a bit of a read on the forum :(y):

Seeing as we are all here shooting the breeze, tell us what you expect to be able to do - then we can help you pick the right box for your needs.
Certainly you have no need for a cable tuner.
So post away your expectations, and we'll help you.

Back