Zgemma HS USB and satellite error

gabe2803

Hi guys I'm new here, and a couple of hours after making an account here everything was running smooth and fine, untill I was adding some extra clines to cccam.cfg but they wouldn't show up so I reset my box, and then my box wasn't able to see hotbird anymore and was receiving a couple of channels from Astra(I have a monoblock).

Anyway then I stopped receiving any channels, I looked at signal finder and was getting no signal whatsoever. Then I looked at my WiFi dongle and it was not working, it seemed as if it was getting no power.

Here is what I have done to try and fix it: reset the box. I have reflashed new images (openvix, openpli, openatv, egami, and sucmnsee's) and still get no signal. I tried clipping the coaxial wire to make the copper longer. I have tried changing to a single LNB. I have tried moving the satellite dish many times. Tested the WiFi dongle on a PC and it works

Having done all of the above I had no luck in getting my box to work, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I've been pulling my hair out for the whole day

I would really appreciate if anyone has any ideas or solution to my problem.

Thank you so much,
Gabe

hahah you've moved your dish I'm putting my money on you've moved it out of alignment.

Anyway here are the priorities you need to work things out in (Well my order anyway):
1) box flashed
2) dish up & aligned(pointing in the correct place)
3) scanned channels and can watch fta channels without glitching - go on bbc1 then go on sat finder should be getting 100% at least 95%
4) your internet connection to the box - in your case wifi adapter has it got the right drivers? are you able to scan for networks on your box with it?
5) your line entered in and set up
6) get your skins set up epg Autobouquets mount drives etc.etc

First thing I would check is your dish. make life easier and get yourself a sat finder off to maximise your signal they are easy to use :)

check this out
[video=youtube;x9HSApjOBQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HSApjOBQw[/video]

hahah you've moved your dish I'm putting my money on you've moved it out of alignment.

Anyway here are the priorities you need to work things out in (Well my order anyway):
1) box flashed
2) dish up & aligned(pointing in the correct place)
3) scanned channels and can watch fta channels without glitching - go on bbc1 then go on sat finder should be getting 100% at least 95%
4) your internet connection to the box - in your case wifi adapter has it got the right drivers? are you able to scan for networks on your box with it?
5) your line entered in and set up
6) get your skins set up epg Autobouquets mount drives etc.etc

First thing I would check is your dish. make life easier and get yourself a sat finder off to maximise your signal they are easy to use :)

check this out
[video=youtube;x9HSApjOBQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HSApjOBQw[/video]

Thank you for your quick response!
1) The box is flashed(3 times to make sure)
2)100% sure it's aligned properly, I know where hotbird is, and then I used an app to confirm
3) when I scan channels it just says 0 channels found
4)The WiFi adapter is not detected by the box, it was working before and then I reset my box and it was no longer working
5) No point entering my line, I can't get any channels, and when I add them manually from my PC , I get tune failed
6)yes I have skins, EPG and mounts all set up

I hope someone can help me, I'm afraid I have to buy a new box

Thank you

the sat finding device is going to be more accurate than a phone app because it tells you the signal of the sat instead of estimating you have it in the right place from the app.

all it takes is to nudge it out a little bit and it can loose signal.

whats the signal finder saying on the zgemma?

how are you scanning channels? Autobouquetsmaker?

to define whether the box is an issue, i would take it to a mates house with a dish and plug it in and try do a scan there.

the sat finding device is going to be more accurate than a phone app because it tells you the signal of the sat instead of estimating you have it in the right place from the app.

all it takes is to nudge it out a little bit and it can loose signal.

whats the signal finder saying on the zgemma?

how are you scanning channels? Autobouquetsmaker?

to define whether the box is an issue, i would take it to a mates house with a dish and plug it in and try do a scan there.

Yeah I know you are right, I will be going to a mate's in a while actually to test it there. I'm scanning channels using automatic scan, and also looking at signal finder, getting all 0s

what image are you using?
put autobouquetsmaker on it and set up your region ect to get the channel categories in place (entertainment, sport, movies etc)

sounds like either your sat is out of position or the cable from the sat to your box is faulty

The main reason you probably getting no signal Have you configured your box to Hotbird 13e and 19.2 for Astra As flashing back ups they are set to 28.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys after hours of messing with the box and antenna, I brought the box to a friend , flashed it again with sucmnsee's image and it worked at his house, then went back to mine and kept messing with the antenna and by some miracle it worked!

Thank you all for your answers, you were right it was the antenna, it was just acting up weird tbh.

Thanks again guys :)
Gabe

Back