Zgemma/ openbox/ sound issues

jungletim

my heads frazzled, transferred line from openbox v8s to zgemma h.2s after hours of work on the forum and finally got all channels but without sound.
Thought to myself not such a big problem "WRONG" after flashing both boxes and putting both back to factory reset both boxes have all the channels but still no sound.
to rule out problems elsewhere I hooked up another box that was uninvolved with earlier process and everything working fine, I'm totally stumped could someone please try so fathom this out for me please.

Yes same cable, next step gonna try different cable in different tv, if that fails I'm goosed.
Tech guy from Zgemma is on the case but is as confused as me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange, i have the same problem, works fine on my own TV but when i take it to a friends Philips and LG - no sound!

Replaced hdmi cable as well. no joy

New tvs have more than 1 sound mode.
Some are just called mode1 mode2 etc.
This can sometimes be the problem.

Also some people using external sound need to change downmix settings.

And lastly yeh sometimes the fekin tv needs off at the wall and back on! Lol

I've tried ithem in another room on a different tv with a different HDMI cable & still no audio. Going back to workshop as the guy there is as puzzled as me , thanks all for the pointers

I`m not near mine at the moment but did you check the actual hdmi port for bent contacts?

I`m running out of ideas

Both boxes now replaced and working fine, never found out what caused the problem but seems both sound cards went at exactly the same on both boxes , very strange coincidence indeed.
Thanks for the interest and suggestions, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back