Zgemma to Chromecast - Anyone got a better way?

Bajan2411

Hi,

Recently upgraded to a Zgemma H.2S from a V8s and glad I did. Installed Woosh build no problem (thanks Wooshman, fantastic build). Been looking for advice on how to stream to a Chromecast. Managed to get it working but sure there's a better way. I installed Dream Player on my Android device and configured it to connect to the Zgemma. I then installed Google Cast and selected the Cast Screen/Audio option then selected my Chromecast, which effectively mirrors the screen on the Android. I then ran Dream Player, selected my channel and bingo, the Chromecast mirrored the screen. The picture wasn't the best in the world and was pixelated on occasions but that may well be my home network.

Anyone found a better way?

Have a good day all.

Just an idea and not sure if possible, but can you not enable Webif on the zgemma and open a browser page to the Zgemma's IP, this will allow you to load the EPG and stream any channel, thats how ive been doing it on my laptop?

thanks Judetron,

Can I use timote to cast?

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 AM ----------

Hi Ukdtweak,

I had a quick look at Openwebif but couldn't see an option to stream from the epg. Must be doing something wrong. I'll look again tonight.

Im at work at the moment so cant check properly... but when you load openwebif, click Television in the top right and then the main page will show all the bouquets, if you select one it will expand and beside each channel is a monitor icon, click it and it should stream.

I use Kodi installed on a Fire Stick and have full EPG, Stream, Recordings, Setup Timers... piece of piss to setup too. Just connected to OpenWebif on back end.

How does Kodi perform on the Firestick ? I was thinking of buying an Android box instead, quad processor as opposed to dual on the firestick so a bit more umph.

Can anyone recommend a good Android box to run Kodi on for similar ££ to a Firestick ? There are a number of MXQ S805 boxes around at prices from £17 - £100+ so I assume there must be differences in them.

Can anyone recommend one from a UK supplier they are happy with ?

thanks

I want to use demand5 and iplayer to stream straight to the tv from my mobile(s5). Can zgemma do this, is there a plugin? I can do this the other way round using the dreamcast app. (view tv stream to mobile)

Really want iplayer to work!, and show photos on big screen quickly....
dlna must have something to do with it?

Hi,

Recently upgraded to a Zgemma H.2S from a V8s and glad I did. Installed Woosh build no problem (thanks Wooshman, fantastic build). Been looking for advice on how to stream to a Chromecast. Managed to get it working but sure there's a better way. I installed Dream Player on my Android device and configured it to connect to the Zgemma. I then installed Google Cast and selected the Cast Screen/Audio option then selected my Chromecast, which effectively mirrors the screen on the Android. I then ran Dream Player, selected my channel and bingo, the Chromecast mirrored the screen. The picture wasn't the best in the world and was pixelated on occasions but that may well be my home network.

Anyone found a better way?

Have a good day all.

I don't understand quite what you are trying to . Do you want to cast your zgemma to another tv?

IF so and If your TV is a Samsung series Smart TV, then this app would be very useful E2Stream Features | pembo.co.uk

Hi,

I cant for the life of me get the IPTV to stream on to the Samsung TV via E2Stream, Sat channels stream fine but not the IPTV. Any clues???

Cheers

Back