Zgemma WiFi

omaral92

Hi all
I want to setup WiFi on my Zgemma H2s but I don't seem to have the WLAN option when I got Menu > Setup > System > Network > Device Setup

I have Wooshbuild V5 and the relevant Realtek TP-link drivers installed.

Can anyone shed a light on this please?

It's probably the wrong driver you're using ... never set one up myself but if you had the right driver, it would show in device setup.

See if there's one called rt2800usb wireless network interface.

With the wireless adapter plugged in, restart the box and see if it shows now.

Have you downloaded all these drivers yourself? when you bring the list up and get a list of all drivers, they aren't all installed - they're what are available to install.

No they where already installed for me.

When I go 'Remove Plugins', I see them listed there. Does this mean they are installed?

Ok, i'd try different drivers then... does the light come on the dongle when plugged in?

I'd try a different wifi adapter. Not all work with sat boxes regardless of what drivers you down load.

Cheepo Openbox/skybox adapters off eBay work well on a Zgemma. They're only about £2-£3 delivered!

Reactions: ste
I use Ethernet now, but the WiFi was OK. I only get about 5Mbps where i live. Don't know about using it for IPTV.
I would think that if you have good broadband speeds, then you should be OK.

Th
This might Help you mate. I have used this WiFi Adapter on my Zgemma H.2S
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300m-USB-...258483&hash=item465736cfaf:g:B3kAAOSwZJBYBePe

I have bought this and inserted it to the box and restarted but still no luck. Can you tell me which driver you are using for this?

I think my main problem is that the WLAN Connection option is not visible at all when I go to Menu > Setup > System > Network > Device Setup.

See 1:33 on this youtube video which shows WLAN Connection and LAN Connection listed. I don't get that at all when I go to Device Setup.

Also, i just realized that my box is a Zgemma Star H2 not Zgemma H2s as earlier mentioned. Would that make any difference?

Hi.
I don't use the WooshBuild mate.
You could try. Menu/plugins. green button to download. Go into Drivers & Download. network-usb-rtl8192cu files. Put your WiFi Adapter into your Zgemma. Do a Full Reboot.
Then you need to go to Menu/Setup/System/ Network/Device Setup. you should be able to setup the WiFi from there.
If you don't see. network-usb-rtl8192cu files in Downloads, then they must be already installed. you can check by going to Plugins, red Button to Remove & look in Drivers to see if they are there.
hope this helps you

Hi
If the wifi device is not listed in Menu > Setup > System > Network > Device Setup, then the wrong driver is probably loading.
If the device is not working or recognised it will not show.

R7ust says the driver is network-usb-rtl8192cu. There are two versions of hardware. I am having trouble with this driver as the ones shown in plugins are not right.
I need the older versions to run my wifi. network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r3). The one in plugins is
network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r5) or network-usb-rtl8192cu ver 2 (1.0-r4).
There is also network-usb-rtl8192ce and network-usb-rtl8192cu common.
I can not find network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0 r3).ipk file, it is not in plugins so I have to use Vix from last year when it was in plugins.
See my post http://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h2s-wifi-driver-plugin.132419/

If you find it let me know.

Regards

RDF.

Hi
If the wifi device is not listed in Menu > Setup > System > Network > Device Setup, then the wrong driver is probably loading.
If the device is not working or recognised it will not show.

R7ust says the driver is network-usb-rtl8192cu. There are two versions of hardware. I am having trouble with this driver as the ones shown in plugins are not right.
I need the older versions to run my wifi. network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r3). The one in plugins is
network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r5) or network-usb-rtl8192cu ver 2 (1.0-r4).
There is also network-usb-rtl8192ce and network-usb-rtl8192cu common.
I can not find network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0 r3).ipk file, it is not in plugins so I have to use Vix from last year when it was in plugins.
See my post http://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h2s-wifi-driver-plugin.132419/

If you find it let me know.

Regards

RDF.
I use usb rt370 driver for my h2s go to menu plugins dowload plugins extensions drivers will be in there if not will check in morning and update my post

I tired removing all network driver plugins and kept network-usb-rtl8192cu on one instance and tried with the rt3070 driver on another instance but that did not work. I am performing a full reboot after each driver install/uninstall.

I have got rid of wooshbuild and flashed openvix-4.2.006 then removed all network drivers and only installed network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r3) but again no luck

Under Network Setup, i only have the following options:
Adapter settings
Nameserver settings
Network test
Restart network
Network wizard

I have tried with two different USB dongles which have worked for other users on these forums. They are:
- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300m-USB-...258483&hash=item465736cfaf:g:B3kAAOSwZJBYBePe
- TP-LINK TL-WN823N 300 Mbps Mini Wireless and USB Adapter, 2.4 GHz

Back