1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zgemma with BT Broadband?

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by Flamin-galah, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Flamin-galah

Flamin-galah Registered

Hi newbie here needing some help please. I'm currently with virgin but thinking of switching to BT Broadband due to cost, I don't have a sky dish, so I believe I require cable zgemma box (H2H)? Will zgemma work with only a broadband and line rental package from BT or do I need a TV package aswell? Thanks

2. Delboy007

Delboy007 Registered

If you are planning on keeping the virmin channels then I would keep there broadband to keep your feed live.
    Ring them up and give them 30 days notice,they will ring you back before the end of your agreement with a deal[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    You will need to keep with virgin to get cable tv

4. Flamin-galah

Flamin-galah Registered

Thanks guys, the lightbulb has just come on. To get cable channels I have to stay with VM or I need to get a sky dish to go through sky or bt and get a h2s box

5. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    To get cable you need to stay with virgin,you will need a dish to get sky

6. dezinacity

dezinacity Registered

Not all true - you can switch to BT and still get cable without any services from VM as long as VM don't disconnect you at the green box in the road. Keeping a service with VM basically guarantees that you don't get disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

play it safe and stay with vm broadband.

8. Joegall

Joegall Registered

Hi

I have just switched from VM broadband to Bt do you have any idea how to get this running?

9. caudy92

caudy92 Registered

Can't believed you'd actually switch from VM to BT, from my experience living in areas where cable wasn't available I had BT twice. Worst ISP going, and their routers are awful. BT would be a last resort for me now wherever I lived.

Anyways, I plugged my box in at my brothers house last night who has sky internet, but their is an old virgin line from previous people and it worked fine.

Daverfc81 likes this.
  10. Steveyj87

Steveyj87 Registered

Male
    How do you even start a new post!

11. smiffy46

smiffy46 Registered

12. Steveyj87

Steveyj87 Registered

Male
  13. Daverfc81

Daverfc81 Registered

I may try and source an H2H box from someone to test this out, moved into my new house beginning of April and they had VM, we are still in contract with PlusNet. Wonder if the line would still work lol