Zip Lock Bag - Good Tip

twobears

Fill a ziplock bag with water and 5 or 6 pennies and hang it in the problem area. In my case it was a particular window in my home. It had a slight passage way for insects. Every since I have done that, it has kept flies and wasps away.

Even Nature as admitted this works. What happens is that the water has prisms in it and the sunlight or night lights do indeed activate the prisms in the water and the pennys only work if they are brand new and shiny. When the sun or any form of light hits the water it sends out a rainbow effect and to a multi eye'd insect like a "skeeter" or a fly, this rainbow effect screws up their vision as well as gives them a mean headache because it is equal to you having a halogen light shined directly into your eyes. The shiny pennies are moved around in the water by the wind, thus turning this effect off and on like a strobe and making it a hundred times worse. These insects dislike this and remember where this is and dont come back.

this will come in handy during the barbeque season to keep the flies out of the house

wow cool idea!! i dont do flies or insects - especially wasps, but we keep finding them hovering round certain areas - looking for a way in. So ill give this a try!!

Back