1 of 4 tuner not working issue - Duo2 - DVB-S

drguiom

Hello,

I have a Duo2 (on CFE V2) and have installed OpenATV, Vti, BlackHole and have the same issue. The tuners installed are dual DVB-S as follows:

- tuner board version 1.0 in slot A and on Astra 28.2 and Eutelsat 5W
- (brand new) tuner board version 1.1 in slot B and on Astra 28.2 and Eutelsat 5W

No matter what the top tuner in the new tuner will not pick up a signal and scans nothing.

I have pretty much tried all combinations:

- new tuner on its own
- new tuner in slot A or B

The cables, LNB etc are good as they can be used not he other tuners without any issues. I also have a satellite scanner and confirmed all is well.

Now looking at signal scanner and if I have say the cable in the working tuner (the bottom one) I get a strong signal. If I then move the cable to the top tuner, the signal briefly registers and then drops to 0?

Any idea what is going on? I very much doubt the tuner is faulty as its brand new.

G.

I did think this but then again why would the tuner not lock and scan on the cable that works with the other tuner?

Bear in mind that I have 2 cables from 2 dishes (Astra and Eutelsat) and 3 tuners lock and scan on either while the 4 doesnt.

Just a case of eliminating problem bit by bit as can only one of a few things,I used to get silly stuff when fitting motorized dishes all the time.

Back