10 flights to Beijing to collect personal protective equipment (PPE)

panorama93

TK Veteran
A historic flight from the Republic of Ireland to China to collect personal protective equipment (PPE) has landed back in Dublin. The Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Beijing was the airline's first ever scheduled trip to China. The plane, named St Ronán, touched down at about 15:00 local time on Sunday. The equipment will be distributed to healthcare facilities from Sunday evening, Irish Health Minister Simon Harris said. It is the first of 10 flights to Beijing to deliver PPE to Ireland as part of a €208m (£180m) deal. Some of the PPE from these flights is believed to be destined for Northern Ireland. NI Finance Minister Conor Murphy last week said a "significant consignment" of PPE would be sent from China after a joint order by the Irish government and the Stormont executive.
Historic Ireland-China PPE flights lands in Dublin

Alot of hatred towards China and Chinese people imo is uncalled for and just shows some racist and prejudice people coming out of the woodwork. Jacka*s Trump comes to mind.

Yes virus originated from China due to the food culture that goes on there whether we agreed with it or not.

Fair play to China they are trying to help other countries to contain the virus as best as can be done as has been the case in China.

Not only are they sending PPE equipment but also telling doctors and medical staff about the whole procedures involved with this virus.

From watching news the other day they have sent their own scientists and doctors across to their neighbours in particular Pakistan to help them understand and fight the virus.

So again fair play to China who is trying to help countries across the world with limiting the spread of this virus through different means.

Yes but a lot of people are thinking we wouldn't be in this situation only for some Chinese dude wanting a rat butty for his dinner.

Yes but a lot of people are thinking we wouldn't be in this situation only for some Chinese dude wanting a rat butty for his dinner.

I get that and yes they have some messed up customs over there.

Can understand the anger people have as virus originated from there and if they didnt bloody eat wild animals for supper.

But dont think its right all the hatred and racism being directed against Chinese people not just on social media (poisonous as it is) but from people in UK, I have spoken to such people who have said things about China and Chinese people which really cant be repeated.

We do eat many things that were once alive. Hopefully now front line staff will be protected better and get time to eat and drink in safety.

I'm not blaming them as such but I can imagine a lot of people are.
As an aside, the so called Spanish flu of a hundred years ago originated on a farm in Kentucky, some GI got it from ducks/chickens and was shipped to France with the US army within a few days.
That killed 50 million people

Back